madboynz
problem with signatures.
  • 2006/2/3 2:19

• madboynz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/19

Hi there

I've had a bit of a troll thru the forums but no-one else seems to have remotely the same problem that I do. I'm using XOOPS 2.33 Final and NewBB 2.0 and I have a few users who have accounts and have linked images for their sigs. When they post on the forum in a thread for the first time, their sig image displays normally. However, any further posting to the same thread, it only shows the url link and not the image.

I also have created a test server to test this problem (wondering if it was a local issue) and it is using CBB instead of NewBB and it does the same thing. It doesn't seem to happen on this site so what is the secret? Am I missing something like some setting that causes signiture images to display all the time?

cheers

Deldrin
Re: problem with signatures.
  • 2006/2/6 6:27

• Deldrin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/9 6

I have the same exact problem since I upgraded last week from 2.0.13 to 2.2.4. Any one have any ideas?

Thanks!

khilborn
  • 2006/9/5 20:23

• khilborn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/28

BUMP!!!!

I have the same problem? Any answers to this?

Will_H
  • 2006/9/6 4:00

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

hmmm, I have used 2.2.4 on most of my productive sites, and I have to tell ya I have never come across this.

I have noticed that caps dont work in bbcodes

i.e.
[img] works
[IMG] does not
(which is pretty weak.....)

but never come across this one.

The only setting that would influence signatures is in the users profile "Always Attach My Siggy" or in the actual post "Attach Sig".

There was a similar problem with phpbb a long time ago, and it arose from users using the Quick Reply box. Instead of posting via "Reply". Best guess is to see if by using reply instead of quick reply your problem goes away.

You may also check to see that
Quote:

Enable Media Features

Display attached Images directly in the post.

is enabled.

khilborn
  • 2006/9/6 18:14

• khilborn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/28

I have found out the answer. Just use the class/module.textsanitizer.php file from xoops-2.0.13.2. This will fix your problem.

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits