jensclas
Block weights not changing to below site news

Ok - I give up - I have searched for hours with problems and the best i ahve come up with I am not sure answers my question. I am using 2.0.13 and if you look at my web page hereyou will see that my site news is hanging way below the other modules recent news and gallery - and for users logged in articles appear too. I have changed the weight of the blocks but I can't find a way to get the actual site news on top of these modules instead of underneath them.

Now I did find this post here but if this is the answer I will need more specific help with it...Can anyone help me? Thanks

jdseymour
Re: Block weights not changing to below site news

You need to edit your theme.html,
The code shown at the top of the page will be in your theme.html, probably below the center block loops now, move it to above the center block loops to have the module content on top.

HTH.

mawi27
  • 2006/1/28 8:56

• mawi27

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/1/1 1

Other way could be not to use news as startpage but to use a news block like 'news feed' on top page instead - than block weight works as expected.

Marco
--
Match Dart!
Darts Ranking, News, Videos, Forum and more

jensclas

How do I paste the code here so someone can check it? I don't think I have it right becasue it didn't work. Everytime I paste it here it comes out wierd! There has to be a trick!

jdseymour

It will look weird in the preview, but HTML is not allowed so it should render correctly in the final post.

MadFish
  • 2006/1/30 6:46

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Jen

Suggest you have a look in the Anatomy of a default theme doc, as it contains a breakdown/some advice on how to edit the theme.html file.

jensclas

Wow - That was fast - I go and cook tea and look what's here! Thanks Madfish - That document helped...I think I left out the all importan td tag...but before i go a tinkering here is the code change I have made - please check it:

<{if $xoops_showcblock == 1}>

<{foreach item=block from=$xoops_ccblocks}>
<{include file="default/theme_blockcenter_c.html"}>
<{/foreach}>

TIA

jdseymour

I think it should go above this:

<{$xoops_contents}>

<{if $xoops_showcblock == 1}>

jensclas

Thanks - will try that. What about my welcome message block - ? I want that to come just before the news.

jdseymour

Unfortunately, without a hack, and I will get the link for you in a few minutes, it is not possible. Blocks by default only show either above or below content, not both. Give me a few minutes and I will post a link to a hack that lets you do this though.

Here is the Threads Link.

<{$xoops_contents}>

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits