mawi27
Re: PC XOOPS INSTALL
  • 2006/1/27 12:37

• mawi27

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/1/1 1

Let the XOOPS install script do that for you.
Just go tohttp://localhost orhttp://localhost/your-xoops-directory (depends on your config) and answer the questions.

Is there a phpMyAdmin coming with WAMP? If not - get it - you will need it for some tasks.

Marco
--
Match Dart!
Darts Ranking, News, Videos, Forum and more

ICHI_UK
  • 2006/1/27 12:50

• ICHI_UK

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/1

True but asks for a username and password. Apologies about this.. I should really learn all this before trying anything

mawi27
  • 2006/1/27 12:57

• mawi27

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/1/1 1

try 'root' with no password or have a look in the WAMP docu for the default user.
maybe there are some hints on the WAMP homepage how to setup a running system with a database

Marco
--
Match Dart!
Darts Ranking, News, Videos, Forum and more

ICHI_UK
  • 2006/1/27 13:08

• ICHI_UK

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/1

Not getting anywhere at the moment

Herko
  • 2006/1/27 13:20

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Basically, your question has 2 problems you need to solve. The first is to get the server running on your PC and install XOOPS, that's what you're getting valuable advice about here (but I suggest you do some research on your own as well, read some of the excellent tutorials on how to setup your WAMP that are available on the internet, Google is your friend here ).

The second problem that needs to be solved (if I read your question right), is how to make the XOOPS site on your work PC available to your co-workers. Or do you plan to move the local XOOPS site to a server designed especially for this later? if you'll use your PC and others need to access it, it all depends on how your network is set up, and how much you're allowed to modify/setup. But you'll cross that bridge when you get there

Herko

bluenova

Just to add the default user for MySQL in WAMP is 'root' with no password. I strongly suggest you give 'root' and password and create a new user to use with the XOOPS database. This can all be done from within phpmyadmin which comes with the WAMP package.

aph3x
  • 2006/1/27 14:07

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

Is WAMP better than Apache2triad ?

Thank you
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

bluenova

Never tried Apache2triad, I don't use Windows any more, but when I did WAMP always worked great. Very easy to install and setup.

It would appear that Apache2triad, is just a much bigger package containing a lot of scripts. WAMP is just the basics; php, mysql, PostgreSQL, and Apache (plus phpmyadmin and when I used to use it 'Invision Board')

aph3x
  • 2006/1/27 15:42

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

Thank you for your answer
I'm using Apache2triad for over an year and for the moment my site depends on it, I've tryed other bundeld things and I always ended up returning to this one, anyway I look forward when soon I'll be able to move to a profesional host
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

Herko
  • 2006/1/27 15:57

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I'm a big fan of the Uniform Server, that doesn't require anything to be installed, but just runs from those files. Can't have it easier than that.
You can even run your webserver from a memorystick

Herko

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits