anhstar
Xoops multi language once again!
  • 2006/1/24 14:41

• anhstar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/12

Hello, I have XOOPS 2.0.1.3 and I installed The Easiest Multi-Language Hack (EMLH) 1.23 EMLH
It works fine, and I can switch to the language I want and the contents will change. However as the author said, to change the System language, I have to go into the template folders and config to add the change, which I think would take too much time and would be hard for me to upgrade XOOPS when I need too.

So I saw that XOOPS has language package and so far the only way I know to switch language is from my preference (set the default language).
My question is: Is there a way to switch the default language on the fly, so that when someone change click on french language, the EMLH change the text and XOOPS language pack come in and change the rest?

But when I think about it, since changing the language pack like in the preference, all the text of the site will change for all users too .

What should I do ? Anyone has any suggestion?
Thanks in advance!

Graviton
Re: Xoops multi language once again!
  • 2006/1/24 15:35

• Graviton

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/10

Hi,

Same problem here, still haven't found a good solution.

Filip

highlander
  • 2006/1/24 16:03

• highlander

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/5

Hello,

Does anyone know the difference between EMLH and Xlangauge ?
Form the thread on GIJOE's site I believe they do different things anf complement each other ?

Kind regards,

Highlander
So, I'm in the park wondering why frisbees get larger as they get closer when suddenly, it hits me...
www.AnimalPedigree.com

bluenova

I think EMLH is quite an old hack. I would suggest going with either phppp's Xlanguage or Marcan's Smartlanguage

anhstar
  • 2006/1/24 20:24

• anhstar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/12

I followed BlueNova advice and installed Smartlanguage. So far so good, Im quite happy with the hack, it does what I need it to do.

Thanks BlueNova!

phppp
  • 2006/1/24 20:58

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=111&lid=1624

easiest but most powerful XOOPS multilingual content management plugin.

What xlanguage CAN do:
1 displaying content of specified language based on user's dynamic choice
2 converting content from one character encoding set to another

What xlanguage canNOT do:
1 xlanguage does NOT have the ability of translating content from one language to another one. You have to input contents of various languages by yourself
2 xlanguage does NOT work without adding one line to XOOPS/include/common.php (see guide below)
3 xlanguage does NOT have the ability of converting content from one character encoding to another if none of "iconv", "mb_string" or "xconv" is available.

Documentation:
User Guide

Features:
1 auto-detection of visitor's language on his first visitor
2 memorizing users' langauge preferences
3 switching contents of different languges/encoding sets on-fly
4 supporting M-S-M mode for character encoding handler

Note:
M-S-M: Multiple encoding input, Single encoding storage, Multiple encoding output.
M-S-M allows one site to fit various users with different language character encoding usages. For example, a site having xlanguage implemented porperly allows users to input content either with GB2312, with BIG5 or UTF-8 encoding and to store the content into DB with specified encoding, for say GB2312, and to display the content either with GB2312, with BIG5 or with UTF-8 encoding.

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits