philou
Re: FOSDEM 2006 and XOOPS
  • 2006/1/22 18:56

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

booked a room.... have somone an english or french link ? is a room already booked ? it's in a month
Resized Image - - Resized Image

wtravel

If we plan to book a room at the VUB (as I understood that was were you had the meeting last year) I can make the reservation for the room. I will need to know how many people are coming .

So far I could see:

Jegelstaff
Philou
Bender (?)
Herko
Solo71
Xeon_DP (?)
Hervé
Christian
davidl2 (?)
Rowdie
marin (?)
wtravel

Marco
  • 2006/1/22 20:22

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

marco +1
Do synergy or die.

Bender
  • 2006/1/22 21:46

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

wtravel i took the liberty of putting a questionmark behind my entry. While i really would like to go currently i would give it a 40/60 against it.

[size=x-small]Also something different on this matter. Do we have to fix this thing on fosdem if basicly what we will do is only being in the same city at the same date? As it looks currently we won´t do anything on Fosdem itself if we even manage to get a room and enough people who say they would attend for sure at that time.

So if there are not enough unquestioned attendes for the fosdem date maybe we can kick some alternative ideas around later. But lets see first if we get enough people right now before hijacking this topic.[/size]
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

wtravel

I think so too Bender, if this is only about coming together for discussing a few nice topics over a couple of Belgium beers (or whatever we like to drink) and dinner, we are not bound to that specific day. For myself I can say that I do not plan to attend FOSDEM itself. I would just go for meeting fellow XOOPSers .

What does the rest of you think about this?

hervet
  • 2006/1/23 17:54

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

It's very important to know what will be "presented" or showed during this time, is there any plan and guideline ?

davidl2
  • 2006/1/23 19:14

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Sorry - I can't make it - I'm due to move home at any time, and I don't know the date.

Will miss the nice Belgium beer as well as the company

Xeon_DP
  • 2006/1/26 19:55

• Xeon_DP

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/11

snif like normal my parents are blocking me again
i am so sad, i was looking forward to meet XOOPS members. :(

however i will still do my best, only i dunno how .

jegelstaff

I am not certain from the previous posts if a room has been booked. Has a room been booked?

Nonetheless, at this point, I don't expect I would be attending. We had more financial flexibility last year so paying for the flight and hotel was feasible. It would still be great to meet face to face with people, and I would *love* to demonstrate some of the improvements we've made in our own systems in the last year (everything I talked about last year as things we wanted to do has been done, and more). But I just don't see it happening this year.

At this point, the best I am expecting is that I will have completed a write up on my presentation last year, by the time the meeting happens this year.

On a separate note: I have been thinking for a while of organizing a more substantial kind of conference here in Toronto, over two days probably, with many different speakers and probably multiple rooms. That would obviously be a seriously large undertaking, but I think given the geographic location of Toronto, central to much of the northeastern US, and not far from Quebec, that many people might attend. Maybe the focus would have to be made wider than just XOOPS, so it was of general interest to web developers with XOOPS as just one topic (though a big one).

We shall see.

I will watch this thread for developments, and you never know, maybe I'll make it.

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits