shalommemphi
News 1.44 Module Problem in Top Page

Still hoping for a simple cure, anyone else having problems with the News 1.44 module when trying to display RECENT ARTICLES and other NEWS BLOCKS in the TOP PAGE. It causes the top page to NOT LOAD. Unable to trace it with PHP DEBUG and wonder if others experienced the problem. Again the module and blocks work fine for all other pages when showing NEWS blocks EXCEPT FOR IN THE TOP PAGE! I had upgraded from the original NEWS that was part of XOOPS core.

Blocks that cause Top Page problem I have checked so far are:
RECENT NEWS
RANDOM NEWS
MODERATE NEWS
Helping each other with Knowledge

shalommemphi
Re: News 1.44 Module Problem in Top Page

Still hoping someone can figure out this..small, but bothersome problem.

Chappy
  • 2006/1/12 1:29

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

I'm using the spotlight module for this block. It has it's own recent news template. It works good except something (probably the css) is causing a messed up display on the listing of the recent news on the right side of the block (see elderhope.com under the words Other News). I do wish the News module had a better "Recent News" block. I know others have brought this up many times. But, I also know that the devs do all this in their own time and am happy to wait until they are able to take a look at it. But, for now, I'm content with the Spotlight module.

BTW, if anyone who is more knowledgeable about why the appearance of the listing under "Other News" looks so sucky, I'd be happy for the feedback.
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

shalommemphi

Well its nice to know its not just me..I know its some simple fix..I will just wait. By the way do you like the administration side of the latest XOOPS version.

Chappy
  • 2006/1/13 3:26

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

Yeah, for myself, at least, I do like it. I find it easier, by and large, to do the tasks I need to do. The blocks admin is a little off-putting at times. I think a better user interface on that aspect of the admin process would help. Otherwise, I'm very, very pleased with it. I'll be in XOOPS heaven as the new developments here are implemented.

ljmyers
  • 2006/1/14 21:48

• ljmyers

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/4 2

I have just installed news 1.44 and news 2. The news 2 clone will show a story or article on the main module page if yes is chosen in the editor. The news 1.44 however will not show the chosen article(s). Is this a common problem or is it me and does anyone have any suggestions?

I had installed the XOOPS Protection mod yesterday evening but I de-activated for a bit today to see if that might be the problem, didn't change anything.
Smiles,
Lana
MyOnlineMagazine .net
L.J. Myers Company (My first website)

shalommemphi

I installed the spotlight news which did work on my TOP PAGE. It looks fine on my site, your theme or font size may be the problem (Yours is set so a clickable item shows up with a underline - If you turn that off it will look proper). Have you tried it with another theme to see?

Chappy
  • 2006/1/19 3:47

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi,shalommemphi!

Not sure if your talking about my Spotlight problems but I figure you must be. Thanks for your response. That's probably it. I think it is the theme. Some of the themes have probs with spotlight, esp. in 2.2.3. In the default theme,it appears just fine. So, when I get some time, I'll go over the css again and see if I can ferret out the removal of those underlines on the links in that block.

Those it is incredibly obvious (now that you mention it), I was too clueless to pick up on it. So, thanks a bunch!

ljmyers
  • 2006/1/30 1:43

• ljmyers

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/4 2

I found the problem for future reference for newbies.

You not only have to check the show this on front page for the article but for the category that the article is in as well.
Smiles,
Lana
MyOnlineMagazine .net
L.J. Myers Company (My first website)

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits