unlucky
newbb to cbb update error
  • 2006/1/18 4:50

• unlucky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/26

Hello,

Let's see if I can provide enough information for this to be useful.

Earlier today, I had newbb1 running. I then upgraded it to newbb2 because, well, I needed the functionality of it. When I did that, I ran into a couple of problems. First being that the "Recent Posts" block wasnt there, and I couldnt find it. Second being that the "Blocks" menu of the Forums menu would only display a blank page.

With some debugging, I found a couple of errors in the modulesadmin/main.php. However, every post I found referenced a bugfix that provided a new main.php. I replaced mine with that one, and it fixed a couple of the problems. However, I still couldnt see a "Recent Posts" and no one but the Webmaster and admins of the page could see any of the forums.

So after looking around a bit more, I decided that I should probably upgrade to cbb. So I went, got the files for cbb 2, deleted all the files out of newbb and replaced them with the ones from cbb. However, I saw no update script to be run in cbb, so I just tried to update the module through the admin page. That is when I got this error:

Quote:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: xoops_module_gettemplate() in /var/www/html/modules/system/admin/modulesadmin/main.php on line 285

However, this is the file that I just updated, so I dont know what further to fix to get this to work. Am I missing something? Did I forget a step? Delete something I shouldnt have?

XOOPS Version: 2.11
Module Name/Version: newbb 2.02 to cbb 2.23
PHP Version: 4.3.2

Sorry if this is a bit long winded... wanted to provide as much info as possible.

arpofhoef
Re: newbb to cbb update error
  • 2006/1/18 9:57

• arpofhoef

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/20

I would like to know if anyone has been able to upgrade to CBB 2.23 and get it to work..... I've found a bunch of posts of the same problem with no real answers... After upgrade it says your posts/forums etc are there but you can't get to them. I gave up and downgraded.

unlucky
  • 2006/1/18 11:48

• unlucky

• Just popping in

And a bit of an extension to my previous post...

Now I cant update any modules, I get that same error for all of them.

wtravel

I do not know if it is possible to upgrade to CBB like that, but by removing all the newbb files you will not be able to update or remove the module anymore.

In order to get the other modules working again you will first need to restore the newbb files.

I do not know CBB, but my idea would be to install CBB next to newbb and then run a script that will copy the posts and forums from newbb to CBB (if there is a script like that). If there is not such script I would go for manually copying the data from newbb tables to CBB tables using phpMyAdmin. But be sure you know what you are doing with phpMyAdmin or otherwise ask someone to do it for you

unlucky
  • 2006/1/18 13:46

• unlucky

• Just popping in

I will try that, but I was under the impression (perhaps mistakenly) that CBB was basically just the next version of NewBB just with a new name.

I will restore newbb for now. But do you have any clue why newbb2 would not allow all the groups that I specify to see the forums? It allowed two groups, but not the third.

Also, does NewBB just not have a "Recent Post" block? Or could that be related to the fact that myblocksadmin.php was giving me errors too?

[edit]I tried it, and I still cant update anything. I get the same annoying error every time.[/edit]

unlucky
  • 2006/1/18 14:32

• unlucky

• Just popping in

I found that the problem was, since I was using XOOPS 2.11, the "fix" for modulesadmin/main.php actually broke it more. So I reverted back to the old version, and then I put in two fixes for newbb2 which I found here.

Those fixed the problem of not being able to edit forums, and not being able to edit blocks. This has since allowed me to change the permissions so everyone can see the forums.

But from what I can tell, this module only has one block. Is this the case? Or am I still missing something? I want to have the "Most Recent Post" functionality back and I cant seem to find it.

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits