qbmike
Questions
  • 2006/1/14 17:58

• qbmike

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/13

I search the whole forums and couldn't find the answer to this questions,

I want to move my top and recent news block into a certain part of my page but it not in the block tho, what i want to know if i could do that and how?

thanks for ur help!

gestroud
Re: Questions
  • 2006/1/14 18:09

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Do you mean that you want them to be a permanent part of the page, but not in blocks?

qbmike
  • 2006/1/14 18:14

• qbmike

• Just popping in

yes that what i mean

gestroud
  • 2006/1/14 19:12

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

You'd probably have to copy the html template from news_block_top.html in your modules-->news-->templates-->blocks folder and paste the code where you want it to appear on the theme.html file for your site.

Be advised: It's a heck of a lot of code.

Another (and I think more advisable) alternative would be to add the xp syndication module to your site. It will create a javascript of your headlines which you can add to your theme.html file. I don't think it will display top news, though. Only recent.

Please note: these are just amateurish hacks on my part. I'm sure that someone out there has a more conventional (and sensible ) way to help you figure it out.

gestroud

Bender
  • 2006/1/14 19:13

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

1. Can you please edit your opening posting and create a meaningfull topic? thanks.

2. Can you elaborate a bit where exactly do you want the content to go to? into a certain part of my page leaves quite some room for guessing.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

qbmike
  • 2006/1/15 5:10

• qbmike

• Just popping in

see what i'm trying to do is like on top of my news, i have a picture, and next to the picture i want it to be the recent headline, but i don't know how to do that...the only thing for me to do is put it in the center block but i don't want that cuz it looks mess up with the picture i have...do u get what i'm saying?

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits