LionHeart
REQ: A Theme Manager
  • 2006/1/10 5:06

• LionHeart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/14

I ran a search and didn't see this mentioned anywhere, so I'd like to request it; an option in the admin panel for 'Display Management', to take over these functions;

Templates Management
- Other templates
- Set permissions for a template to determine what groups get that template

Theme Management
- Other themes, which are available
- Set permissions for a theme to determine what groups can select it. Amongst other uses, it would allow a webmaster to run tests on a theme before permitting it out to general use
- Option for a themes/modules/ directory, so that each installed module can it's images and css files in either a 'default' directory or in each theme, to allow complete consistancy throughout a theme.

This would require an option in how a module installs, allowing for an option to install (automatically or manually) it's graphics files within a theme directory.

luciano
Re: REQ: A Theme Manager
  • 2006/1/10 8:59

• luciano

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/3

- Set permissions for a theme to determine what groups can select it. Amongst other uses, it would allow a webmaster to run tests on a theme before permitting it out to general use

You can show the themes block to a group, wich allows that group to select a theme.

- Option for a themes/modules/ directory, so that each installed module can it's images and css files in either a 'default' directory or in each theme, to allow complete consistancy throughout a theme.

Each theme should already have a css in it's directory.

I think that XOOPS already has all those "features"...

LionHeart
  • 2006/1/10 20:01

• LionHeart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/14

Quote:
You can show the themes block to a group, wich allows that group to select a theme.

Can you show me how to have the themes block available to group A, displaying themes 1 and 2, while also being available to group B, displaying themes 1, 2, and 3?

Quote:
Each theme should already have a css in it's directory.

Yes, it does, but it doesn't change the full image set that a module uses when you change the theme.

For example, newbb. If you change themes, you still have the same set of button images, regardless of what theme is being used.

I hope this is clear enough for you to understand, now.

johntrot
  • 2006/1/21 20:21

• johntrot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/7 2

I too have the desire to give different GROUPS a default theme or a selection of themes. The heiarchy of groups and their associated access to different modules, blocks and templates allows the webmaster an opportunity to reward those members that are active and responsive to the site. Perhaps you attach this function to the user levels.

Is this available at the moment, or does anyone know of a hack for this?
john b

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits