aaroninwv
Sugarcrm, what in the...?!
  • 2006/1/2 20:57

• aaroninwv

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/26

Ok, I installed XOOPS for the first time a few weeks ago. After a short while I was no longer able to use the admin options, because everything I clicked in the admin panel took me to a "sugarcrm" site (some site that asked for a log in). I asked on the forums, and was told that my site had been hacked. So I deleted all files from my root directory, and started again with a completely new install. But I can still not use the admin options, because I get the error;

Not Found
The requested URL /sugarcrm1/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have tried completely deleting all files in my root directory several times, and redownlaoding the 2.2 install files, but I always end back up with this error. What is going on? Why can I not get rid of this sugarcrm crap? Is this built into Xoops? I'm very frustrated at this point. Please help.

McDonald
Re: Sugarcrm, what in the...?!
  • 2006/1/2 21:09

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Did you drop all tables of your database also?

Bender
  • 2006/1/2 21:11

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

For more hints/links:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=44292&forum=27
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

aaroninwv
Re: Sugarcrm, what in the ...?!
  • 2006/1/2 21:11

• aaroninwv

• Just popping in

Yes, I deleted and remade the database before reinstalling each time.

McDonald
  • 2006/1/2 21:17

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Bender, that thread was started by aaroninwv also.
His problem with sugarcms still exists probably.

aaroninwv
  • 2006/1/2 21:18

• aaroninwv

• Just popping in

Quote:

Bender wrote:
For more hints/links:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=44292&forum=27

That is a post I made about a month ago, when the problem first began. I followed the advice in it, but unfortunately it didn't help. I downloaded the files, and searched them for sugarcrm, but wasn't able to find the files that contained it. I gave up for a few weeks out of frustration, and just recently decided to try again.

Is Sugarcrm part of Xoops? Is it built in? How can I possibly be still having this problem, when I delete all files, including the database?

Bender
  • 2006/1/2 21:25

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Sugarcrm is not part of xoops. Therefore it seems somehow someone (or thing as in skript) gets access to your server.

As there is currently no such issue known in XOOPS 2.0.13.2 or XOOPS 2.2.x mabe asking your webhost if others have a similar problem? (if you are on shared hosting)

[Edit: sorry i was not looking for names when looking up the old thread. But i would have thought if it would yours you probably would have continued it since the problem did not change]
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

LazyBadger

aaroninwv, your host was (and still) compromised and have active bot inside...
your cache and templates are changed...
Best choice is moneyback and new (good (!)) hosting
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

aaroninwv
  • 2006/1/2 21:41

• aaroninwv

• Just popping in

Really? I wouldn't have thought a host would let a bot exist like this for so long. That is very disturbing, and I just paid for the next year =/ Should I even bother asking them to fix the problem, or should I just terminate my service with them? And can anyone recommend a good host (affordable/not crappy)?

LazyBadger

Ask to fix first - because they can easy lost all customers and go out of business with this "hosting bonus-pack"
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits