gruessle
Which bb is here to stay?
  • 2005/12/11 5:48

• gruessle

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/20

I am running a XOOPS site and hope to only install modules which are here to stay. I have made some bad decisions in the past.

Therefore it is always difficult to make a module decision.
One of the most important modules is the forum module.

I am still using the old newbb 1.xx

Like to upgrade and with all this new available modules I like to know from the XOOPS core team which one is here to stay and to be supported by the core in case the module gets abandon by his developer.

Not trying to offend any developers here but just need some solid forum, please help.

Thank you

Dennis
Grüssle

http://www.vmclinks.com

smdcom
Re: Which bb is here to stay?

Starting from XOOPS 2.2, there're no more official module for xoops. Meaning to say, core team doesn't responsible for the any module.

I can promise you anything, but CBB/NewBB & X-IPB are the best forum modules available.

gruessle
  • 2005/12/17 10:24

• gruessle

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/20

I just upgraded to CBB and it's great!
Thank you
Grüssle

http://www.vmclinks.com

terrion
  • 2005/12/17 11:08

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

Quote:
Starting from XOOPS 2.2, there're no more official module for xoops. Meaning to say, core team doesn't responsible for the any module.

I agree with smdcom and Grüssle. I've had great luck with CBB, it's really rather powerful, pretty much behaves as expected, and is under constant development with regular maintenance releases as we all get to know the new XOOPS a little better.

Things to avoid would be anything [any module] involving a hack at this point.
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits