nutts
new site, built on Xoops.
  • 2005/12/5 22:05

• nutts

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/27

I am new to this scene, and i would realy like to have some feedback on what you all think of my site.
It is new, so it might need some tuning here and there.
I stil havent figured out the contact link yet, and som other stuff. Please visit my site, register to see it all.
You must register to join the chat and watch the photos.
I will not spam your mail if you register.

I hope its ok to post this here ?

Goober
Re: new site, built on Xoops.
  • 2005/12/6 0:07

• Goober

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/3/30

Looks Great! Pat yourself on the back!

Couple of things I noticed:

Title Text for "home" "help" and "contact" (when you put your mouse over them)

Help is 404 - points to xoopsfaq module

Both can be corrected in the theme.html

Again, good job!
Dispelling the Mystical belief of Web Standards and tableless CSS.
Nobody gets excited about the tools used to build a house, people get excited about how the house looks and performs

nutts
  • 2005/12/6 8:57

• nutts

• Just popping in

Thanx for the feedback, ill try to fix the problems u noticed. Always a good help to have someone brows the site.

Again, thanx for the help...

nutts
  • 2005/12/6 20:35

• nutts

• Just popping in

Title Text for "home" "help" and "contact" (when you put your mouse over them), shows up correct in Opera browser, but is strange in Microsoft internett explorer...

Anyone know why ?

Arowana
  • 2005/12/6 21:48

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

upper right hand corner and next time if you are aimming towards adult content please make users aware of it before you ask them to go to your site.

You might want to set your site to Restircted or at least 14 Years to keep the children out. you can do this by login as admin, go to administration menu, Prefs, System, Meta tags and footer
Arowana

Goober
  • 2005/12/6 22:21

• Goober

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/3/30

Quote:

Arowana wrote:
upper right hand corner and next time if you are aimming towards adult content please make users aware of it before you ask them to go to your site.

You might want to set your site to Restircted or at least 14 Years to keep the children out. you can do this by login as admin, go to administration menu, Prefs, System, Meta tags and footer

Hmmm nothing absolutely nothing offensive on the front page, he even states on the front of the site:

Quote:
You have to be 18 or older to enter the site !

Of course you dont want kids on the site. You might add a paragraph saying something like "parents be responsible for your kids. " - "cuz I'm not being paid to babysit them"

Dispelling the Mystical belief of Web Standards and tableless CSS.
Nobody gets excited about the tools used to build a house, people get excited about how the house looks and performs

nutts
  • 2005/12/6 22:25

• nutts

• Just popping in

This is not a adult site, atleast i dont think that a couple of topless pictures are enough to rate a site adult.
And if u read the disclaimer before u enter as a registred member, i CLEARLY state the following sentence.

PS. There is some nudity on this site, if you are not 18 or older, or get offended by people with little or no clothes, please go to this URL www.disney.com

So i dont think u read it before registring.......

Arowana
  • 2005/12/6 22:26

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

i never said it there was anything offensive on the site. I just suggesting to set the proper rating in the meta so that the programs such as cybersitter blocks that site from the children that the responsible parents took the time to safe guard their child's computer. that is all, not trying to get someone upset just trying to keep the internet safe and help out everyone including you Goober.

Best Wishes
Arowana

nutts
  • 2005/12/12 1:33

• nutts

• Just popping in

If the site gets nasty, i will set the rating to correct level, but as of now, i dont think that a couple of naked breasts, a few dogs and some cars and bikes are offencive to anyone. Its the users of the site who are setting the level of rating, it they want it to be more sexy, i will rate it adult for sure.....
The site gets a few new members each day, and XOOPS is great fun to play around with.

gestroud
  • 2005/12/12 1:47

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I like the way you customized the theme. The only thing I would say is that instead of using newbbex for your homepage, why not just use a non-module homepage with your site welcome and the newbbex's forum statistics block. IMO it would look a bit sharper.

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits