acris
can't write two constants
  • 2005/12/8 22:09

• acris

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/31

Please, I'm installing the same version of XOOPS (2.2.3a) that I installed few days ago. At that time, it worked fine, but today when the XOOPS install is wrinting the constants in the mainfile.php, two constants cannot be written:

XOOPS_DB_PCONNECT
and
XOOPS_CHECK_PATH

The installation program can be finnished, but, of course, the site doesn't work.
If anyone has any suggestion, it will be welcome.
Thank you,
Acris

bluenova
Re: cant write two constants

Sounds like you are trying to install an installed version of xoops. Just update mainfile.php if you are moving the site to another place, or for a fresh install, start with fresh files from the tar/zip again.

acris
  • 2005/12/9 12:06

• acris

• Just popping in

Oh, I'm sorry, I think I was not clear enough.
The version I am trying to install is brand new, entirely fresh. I create a new subdomain in my site and put there the original files.
Every time I got the problem and I tried again, I first overwrite the mainfile.php with the original file.
The site is new, I have no data yet.
I hope someaone can help me.
Thanks
Acris

Dave_L
  • 2005/12/9 12:23

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

What is the exact error message?

acris
  • 2005/12/9 14:06

• acris

• Just popping in

On the page "Saving configuration data.." just two messages of error (the others are ok):

Quote:
Failed writing constant XOOPS_DB_PCONNECT to 0.
and
Failed writing constant XOOPS_CHECK_PATH to 1.

It completes the page with this note:
Quote:
Configuration data has been saved successfully to mainfile.php.

Thanks,
Acris

Dave_L
  • 2005/12/9 15:59

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Ok, that error message is generated in install/class/mainfilemanager.php if a regular expression match fails.

Does the part of mainfile.php that defines those two constants look correct? If you're not sure, you can post that section here, using [ code ] [ /code ] tags.

You can also use mainfile.dist.php as a reference. The install script simply reads in mainfile.dist.php, chooses values for the constants based on the web form, and then writes the result as mainfile.php. You can fix up mainfile.php manually if you have to.

acris
  • 2005/12/9 20:41

• acris

• Just popping in

Well, because I made another installation of the same version of Xoops, with the same files, few days ago, I concluded the reason could not be a wrong definition inside the file.
You said the reason would be inside the file, then I found out that the problem was not the XOOPS core, but a corrupted file. In other words, it could be produced during the upload process.
Then, I deleted everything and made the upload again and... the site is working.
I must thank you, I would not think about this possibility without your comments.
Acris

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits