mxtrem
unwanted html break tags get added to text
  • 2005/11/7 10:26

• mxtrem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/6

#OOPS#o everyone,

i've recently upgraded my site from 1.0.7 to 2.2.3 Final, the upgrade worked out quite well and 2.2.3 is looking very good

but there is this little problem with the comments now:

whenever someone posts a comment and posts it right away it shows up as it should but if they preview the comment first they get visible html break tags added wherever they did a linebreak. this not only happens to the preview but the text in the textbox as well. the original text converts to one long line with the tags inserted where they used return. it's not a big bug but it's rather annoying - anyone have a clue how i can get rid of this?

You can test this by posting/previewing a comment at my site: www.voodooscience.com - comments are enabled for anonymous users so you don't have to signup.

Thanks for the help,

mxtrem

ps.: this also happens in the forum, but there the preview itself is fine only the textbox gets break tags added...

mxtrem
Re: unwanted html break tags get added to text
  • 2005/11/7 10:29

• mxtrem

• Just popping in

On another note, it's funny how one cannot use the word h e l l o here on the forum, is h e l l really such a bad word to warrant killing the greeting?

mxtrem

mxtrem
  • 2005/11/8 8:59

• mxtrem

• Just popping in

When editing banners that consist of html-code (for example google adsense) the same thing happens - in the text box all code gets displayed in one long line and the linebreaks are converted to html break tags - this is rather annoying since i have to manually remove the break tags every time i edit something.

Please, somebody must have a clue where i can change this behavior, i don't want to downgrade my site again only to get rid of this bug...

Thanks,

mxtrem

pr0ne
  • 2005/11/10 13:53

• pr0ne

• Just popping in

does not show up on php 4.3.1 on my debian test system

*shows* up on my php 4.4.1 webspace

mxtrem
  • 2005/11/13 3:03

• mxtrem

• Just popping in

Hi again all,

i thought deleting everything and starting from scratch with a fresh install of XOOPS 2.2.3 Final would help with my problem but unfortunately it persists (another 3 days wasted, sigh). This time i made sure that i wasn't using any "old" modules or data and only installed modules from module packages on this site that should work with the new release.

My system information:

Website URL:
http://www.voodooscience.com

XOOPS Version:
XOOPS 2.2.3 Final

XOOPS Theme:
vstheme

XOOPS Template Set:
voodoo

PHP Version:

MySQL Version:
4.0.25-standard

Server Software:
Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

User's Browser:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7

Summary of my problems:
- previewing comments in any module adds visible html break tags to the preview and text box
- editing html banners replaces line breaks with visible html break tags in the text box
- the preview problem in newbb is gone since i upgraded to cbb2.3 but now it wont add signatures to posts anymore

I don't know enough php to be able to wade through the tons of source files and hunt this bugs down myself and wouldn't even know where to start looking anyways so i'm humbly asking for assistance from all you XOOPS gods on this forum - please help me!

Thank you,

mxtrem

petkove
  • 2005/11/29 7:08

• petkove

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 2

yes i've noticed that too:
- when you post a comment and you hit preview and then post it doesnt show even smilies

bye

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits