gestroud
xhld Redirecting links back to my site
  • 2005/11/19 8:32

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I'm having some ocassional problems with xhld. It seems that it wants to redirect the headline and "read more" links from different feeds back to my domain. But it doesn't do it in a consistent fashion.

Here's an example:

In some cases, if I use my mouse to hover over a headline, the url in the browser' status bar points to my domain. In other cases, when I hover over the link at the end of each abstract that says, "more," it points to my site. Sometimes everything is fine.

This is happening on a few sites. Does anyone have any information about this issue? If possible, would someone using xhld check the links in their feeds to see if it's just restricted to my being a loser?

jdseymour
Re: xhld Redirecting links back to my site

I cannot seem to find this problem on my site (However none say "more".)

Under "Headlines", the entries by the RSS feed image points to the category on my site as expected. But each link (and I have many) all seem to point to the respective site.

HTH.

gestroud
Re: xhld Redirecting links back to my site
  • 2005/11/19 18:39

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Here's an example to prove I'm not crazy. Well actually, it won't prove or disprove that, and the jury is still out .

Anyway, take a look at this page. Run your mouse over the main headline, and you'll see that it will return a user to my site, but if you hover over the "more" link, things are ok. Check the other feeds and you'll see that some experience the same problem in reverse, others are OK.

It happens on all of my sites. Not for every feed, just on every site.

Login

Who's Online

455 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 455

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits