gestroud
Music Web Site
  • 2005/11/11 21:48

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I've changed the theme on one of my music site, Band-Board.com and added a few features. It's more of an article-oriented site, so there isn't a lot of music to download. Looking for suggestions, comments

The new theme is a slightly-customized version of BCOOL's bcool_black theme.

Band-Board is powered by XOOPS 2.2.3, uses the debaser module for member-submitted music downloads (the few that are there are ), i-content for generic music downloads, cjay-content for the Music Store, and other sorted and sundry modules here and there. All modules are up to date and appear to function perfectly.

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions.

EDIT Probably help is I gave the url :
http://www.band-board.com

script_fu
Re: Music Web Site

I like it... You have your waiting contents showing to guests im not sure if you ment it to be. I have never like the way the links to "waiting downloads & modified downloads" display. It just doesnt look right because there to long. I always shorten or change the words of those to something better. It gives for a cleaner look.
------------------
800x600 not gonna happen... Its all about what you want!
------------------
You have a lil code showing below.

From some moment in grade school up through the years of high school Marty and hi...
------------------

Those are the biggest banners I have ever seen on the top of a website.
------------------

In Mozilla the right block is over to far.
------------------
All in all nice site that you have spent awhile on forsure...

gestroud
Re: Music Web Site
  • 2005/11/12 2:36

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Thanks for the input, script fu. I appreciate any feedback I can get.

I kind of like having the waiting comments visible. It lets me know quickly of any developments on my sites without having to sign in or wait for e-mail notification. But you're right about the text. I should edit it.

Given up on worrying about screen resolutions. Back when I had other sites set up as 800*600, the percentage of visitors using that resolution was about 10%.

Thanks for the warning about the visible HTML code. I put an article up this morning, and the author insisted that she could edit it without help. Oh well.

LOL@ "Those are the biggest banners I have ever seen on the top of a website." Bigger might not be better, but it helps bring in extra cash

That's weird about the Mozilla thing. The site looked fine in IE, Opera & Firefox. Are you one of those 800*600 10%percent of my sites' visitors people thingys?

Thanks again for letting me know what you think.

gestroud

Login

Who's Online

383 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 383

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits