inlikeflin
Cannot Login as a member or admin
  • 2005/10/31 0:02

• inlikeflin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/1 6

Hi guys ..

It has not been my week so far

On one of my own support websites, myself and the members seem to have lost the abillity to login ..
I cant even get to the site admin to check anything, because the page that loads after trying to login as admin has no access to the admin link ...
(because it is not logging me in at all)

When anyone, including myself as admin logs in, the thankyou for logging in page shows no probs , but when it redirects to the normally logged in page , it only goes back to the original not logged in front page, and with no warning or anything ... It just goes back to the original page that everyone normally logs into ..

I tried registering as a new member to test things out and it takes new registrations no probs , then sends the confirmation email out no probs, with the confirmation link as normal ....but when I tried to login using my new test registration name and password , same thin happens .... it say thankyou for logging in, no probs , but it then re directs to the normal front page as " not logged in " with no access to any modules ?

Something is definately weird..
This site has been up for 12 months and has got hundreds of members and has never had a problem..

Everything else seems to be working , including the fact that the site goes through all the right motions of registering new users and logging me in,.... except that at the end of all these proccesses it does not??

I do know my server moved all our accounts just last week to upgrade the service ..
Could they have changed anything ?
Could a change with file permissions on the server cause this ?

Any clues as to where I start looking for the answer to this my second website down this week would be very appreciated again ..

Steve
Australia

davidthomas1
Re: Cannot Login as a member or admin

How about if you log in twice?
みんなちがってみんないい。

XOOPS 2.0.13.2

m0nty
  • 2005/10/31 3:36

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

cherck mainfile.php to see if the paths and url needs to be changed to reflect your new server setup.

if not, check the xoops_session table and empty it.. so that new sessions have to be made, it could be that your new server setup changed sessions, so your old session keys maybe the cause of the problem..

or check xoops_users table and change the custom_session name to something different if you were using custom sessions, that will then force every1 to have to login again with a new cookie being issued..

inlikeflin
  • 2005/10/31 4:03

• inlikeflin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/1 6

Thanks guys
I shot a support request into our server techs to see if they had any ideas , but they claim it must be in the script somewhere. They are checking a few other things at the moment though and I will wait and see..

I did try the login twice David and that did not effect or solve the problem , but thanks mate .

I will try MOnty's suggestions now .

thanks for replying

davidthomas1

I think M0nty's suggestions should do the trick.

good luck with that!
みんなちがってみんないい。

XOOPS 2.0.13.2

psantos
  • 2005/11/10 22:21

• psantos

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/23

The problem was xoops_session.
From another database a copy with drop table and work fine.

Thanks a lot

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits