hyphenex
Should I upgrade? How to let users upload files?
  • 2005/11/8 6:35

• hyphenex

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/4

Hi all. My XOOPS site has been up now for about 24 hours and getting a bit of attention. My question is simple, We are trying to let users submit artwork for the group project (in many different formats.) Is there a way they can either attach it to the forum or submit it via the downloads section? Currently users can only submit a http link, but many users don't have access to file servers on the net.

Secondly, I installed XOOPS with cPanel. I am running version 2.0.13.1 Is it worth updating, if so, what will I get out of updating? Is it easy to do?

romu
Re: Should I upgrade? How to let users upload files?
  • 2005/11/8 8:16

• romu

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/12/5

#OOPS#o.
For all sort of security reasons, I think it's better for you to moderate the uploads. The best way to do it is to use a contact form with surch a formulaire module. This one allow you to fix the sizes and file types that users will send to you.

Then, you'll be able to upload files yourself in a secure directory (with no write access) to enable links in your xoops.

Of course, this solution need a bit more job, but it's the safer !

Concerning CBB upload capacity, I think it's a good thing (I activated it with my recent upgrade), but you shouldn't open it for everybody...

In all cases : think security !

hyphenex
  • 2005/11/8 9:02

• hyphenex

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/4

How would I go about enabling those CBB things?? I can't seem to find it in the forum settings. Do I need to upgrade? if so, how?

romu
  • 2005/11/8 16:47

• romu

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/12/5

current release of CBB enable joined files.

In admin, you must create /upload directories
Then in each forum configuration, enable joined files.

Of course be careful with group accès to the forums you enable joined files... it sucks space fast !

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits