bsimm
Upgrade to current version from an OLD version
  • 2005/11/3 3:04

• bsimm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/13

I've got an old site still running on 2.0RC3. What is the best way to go about upgrading it? Is there a way to quickly bring it all the way up to the current version without losing all the data?

jezzamaster
Re: Upgrade to current version from an OLD version

Sure mate! Upgrade to XOOPS 2.0.13.1 by going tohttps://xoops.org/modules/core/viewcat.php?cid=4 and getting the right download. BTW what exactly are you running? 2.0.7?

and then go from 2.0.13.1 to 2.2.3 by downloading this...https://xoops.org/modules/core/singlefile.php?cid=&lid=122
"When life hands you a lemon, throw it at someone!"- John Rzeznik, Goo Goo Dolls

jezzamaster

If you need more help just ask! I'm not that great at support. Haha. I'm like, just place the doovie inside the watsy... Not too informative... Sorry
"When life hands you a lemon, throw it at someone!"- John Rzeznik, Goo Goo Dolls

jezzamaster

Also you don't loose data when you upgrade! But don't quote me on it, you should backup your MySQL database before attempting an upgrade at any time!

bsimm
  • 2005/11/13 2:27

• bsimm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/13

I'm trying to upgrade from 2.0 beta, release candidate 3. This is a very old site. However, I would like to retain the data that's in it. There is no patch listed from RC3 up to the first production release, and I am not finding any info left on how to upgrade. My other XOOPS sites, started from actual production releases.

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits