mmchenry
Can't login after install
  • 2004/10/22 17:35

• mmchenry

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/22

After completing the install wizard, the site loads but I can't login successfully. After login in as the admin user, I see the "Thank you for logging in" message, so I seem be getting authenticated OK, but clicking on any menu results in "You don't have rights to access this area". After which I get logged out and redirected back to the login screen.

I was able to register as normal user, but same thing happens when logging in.

I know this issue has been discussed in several other threads, but none of the proposed solutions worked for me. Seems like there's still a lot of other people in the same boat.

Platform info:
xoops 2.0.7.3
php 4.3.4
mysql 4.1.4
iis 6

Problem occurs from a workstation with XP SP2 (firewall disabled) in both Firefox and IE. Also happens when using IE locally on the server.

I've been running several other php/mysql apps for a long time on the same server so I don't think there's any fundamental platform problem.

Here's the situation:
- clean install of xoops
- completed install wizard successfully
- DB created successfully
- mainfile.php updated successfully
- confirmed mainfile.php path, url & DB settings are correct
- gave everyone full access to XOOPS folders to eliminate any potential permission issue
- ran browser check script to ensure there was no cookie issue (all tests pass in both Firefox and IE)
- Running on local LAN, no firewall

Can anyone think of anything else to try?

ackbarr
Re:Can't login after install

what is the url you are using to access the site (exactly), and what is the setting for XOOPS_URL in mainfile.php?

mmchenry
  • 2004/10/22 19:34

• mmchenry

• Just popping in

Yeah, I saw that tip in another thread, but they're the same. I am using a non-standard port while I'm testing, however. Maybe that's an issue?

In any case the URL I used in the browser and the setting for XOOPS_URL are bothhttp://famedev:8882.

Again, this is server on the local Windows LAN if you're wondering why there's no domain or root.

mkuczara
  • 2004/10/23 18:45

• mkuczara

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/23

I have got the same problem, :(((, even if i'm logged as admin
i get message "you have no rigths...."

mmchenry
  • 2004/10/25 13:29

• mmchenry

• Just popping in

FYI, I decided to start over from scratch. I had a little trouble with the install wizard the first time through and thought that might have something to do with it. Also noticed 2.0.9 beta was available and thought it might help.

Anyway, I deleted all files off the server and dropped the database. Copied 2.0.9 to the server and got through the install wizard perfectly on the first try. Unfortunatly, I'm still gettting the dreaded "You don't have rights to access this area".

Could this be an IIS6 issue? Is anyone else out there successfully using IIS6?

mmchenry
  • 2004/10/25 13:48

• mmchenry

• Just popping in

I think I got it! I figured it had to have somthing to do with the session info, but I had already confirmed that the the browser settings were OK, so I started digging around in php.ini. I noticed that session.cookie_domain was set, so I blanked it out (session.cookie_domain = ""), restarted IIS and viola, I can now get to the admin pages.

Hope this help some of the others out there with similar problems.

kidtroopa
  • 2005/10/16 9:53

• kidtroopa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/15

You pointed me in the right direction. I followed your instructions...but noticed my session.cookie_domain wasn't set. However, I did notice that the follwoing was set "session.cookie_path = \". I simply changed that to "session.cookie_path = /" and that worked for me. Great work!!

Login

Who's Online

116 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 116

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits