kidtroopa
Will not go past the database test installation step......
  • 2005/10/15 14:55

• kidtroopa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/15

Hi all,
I'm an XOOPS newbie so bare with me. I have successfully installed and made my initial configuration changes to my online hosted website. GREAT!!! But, for development purposes I want to load a local copy of XOOPS on my laptop. The following is submitted:

Web Server: Apache 2.0.54
PHP Ver:5.0.5
MySQL Ver: 4.1.14
PHPMyAdmin: 2.6.4-pl2

I followed the following WAMP instructions and everything worked according to the instructions: Installing Apache, PHP, MySQL

Okay..here is where I run into the problem. I browse to my development website on my machine...and the XOOPS installation begins as intended. I get all the way to the page that asks you to confirm the database information. I click next..and get nothing but a blank page. I've checked the database name..and the user account priveledges...and everything checks out. Am I missing something? Is there something I need to do in addition to simply creating the database, creating the user account that will connect to the database, and then granting that account full access? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

jdseymour
Re: Will not go past the database test installation step......

Try manually connecting to the database as the user you created. See if it will actually connect or not.

gediminasbyt

Haven't used Apache in Windows, but I'd assume there must be web site access_log and error_log find where these logs are and look to what they say. It usually is in /log directory, on windows it would be \log.

Gediminas

kidtroopa
  • 2005/10/15 15:42

• kidtroopa

• Just popping in

Thank you both for the quick reply.

1) Other than logging into PHPMyAdmin with the account that I created successfully...how else can I test connectivity to the database?

2) Yup, I checked the error logs and this was present:

PHP Fatal error: MySQL extension not loaded in C:\\www\\class\\database\\mysqldatabase.php on line 74, referer:http://localhost/install/index.php

Sure enough, the WAMP instructions I had followed...had me change the MySQL extension to "mysqli" vice the default "mysql". I went ahead and made the appropriate change on line 74 in the mysqldatabase.php file and it resolved that error. I am no longer receiving that error when I click next, however, I am still receiving a blank page and no new errors. If you someone can tell me how to test the connectivity to the database manually...it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

gediminasbyt

Database is corrupt. Wipe out database and redo an installation. The easy way

Gediminas

kidtroopa
  • 2005/10/15 15:55

• kidtroopa

• Just popping in

I will give that a shot. Thanks.

kidtroopa
  • 2005/10/15 16:25

• kidtroopa

• Just popping in

Wiped out the database and recreated a new one with a new name.....and I also wiped out the XOOPS files and unzipped a fresh batch as well. Unfortunately.....that still didn't fix the issue. I don't receive any errors in the server logs...but still receive a blank page after confirming the database setup. I will now have to look at my installations of PHP and MySQL to see if anything jumps out at me as being possibly wrong. Other than that...I'm clueless without any errors to work with.

Bender
  • 2005/10/15 16:47

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

If you run a phpinfo() does it give you informations about the compiled sql extensions to be used in php?

Once logged in phpmyadmin: can you create tables and content with it?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

m0nty
  • 2005/10/15 17:03

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

try using WAMPP's phpswitch and change to php 4 instead of 5

craigkunkle
  • 2005/10/16 2:29

• craigkunkle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/16

I am having the same exact problem. No errors in log. I can create db and tables in phpmyadmin. But I can not get past that page. The Db is empty and freshly created as xoops.
Linux Ubuntu
Apache 2
php 4
msql 4.0

how do you run phpinfo ?

Login

Who's Online

106 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 106

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits