cavh2005
Windows 2003 Server permissions
  • 2005/10/8 10:23

• cavh2005

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/2 1

Dear All

I am running xoops2 (in an Xsas distribution) on Windows 2003 Server. I can access the website fine when I'm on the server itself, but cannot access it from the internet - I get an HTTP 403 forbidden error. I've run Apache fine on many other Windows platforms, but not on 2003 Server. IIS is not running on this box.

I've done a good amount of reserach on the web, but am striking a blank. I'm pretty certain it's not an Apache configuration issue, but rather a Windows permissions issue.

Things I've tried:

1) give the Network Service access to the xsas folder
2) give the IUSR_<machine name> account access to the xsas folder

Does anyone have any experience of running xoops2 on a similar system?

JMorris
Re: Windows 2003 Server permissions
  • 2005/10/8 12:57

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

XSAS is great for local testing and development, but I would not recommend using it for a production web server. You would be better off to install Apache, MySQL, and PHP seperately and configure theme properly.

But to answer your question...

Do you have the web root folder and each sub folder and all the files set so that "Everyone" has read and execute permissios? You can achieve this quickly by setting the permissions on the web root folder and selecting "Replace permission entries on all child objects..." in the Security >> Advanced dialog box.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

cavh2005
Re: Windows 2003 Server permissions
  • 2005/10/13 20:30

• cavh2005

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/2 1

Fixed it. It *WAS* an Apache issue. I needed to allow access to the subfolders in my XOOPS www folder, in the httpd.conf file.

Thanks for the help.

Clive

Login

Who's Online

130 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 130

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits