monique
Extended Profiles Technical Help Needed!
  • 2005/9/18 3:53

• monique

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/23

When a new person registers, all their fields with apostrophes, etc, change from Bob's to Bob/'s. It saves that way. When I edit it, I can fix it and it will work fine. Please can anyone help me? It is creating an increasingly difficult problem for me.

Monique.

jdseymour
Re: Extended Profiles Technical Help Needed!

That is a problem with magic quotes being set to on in php.ini. You can disable it in php.ini (if you are the server admin) if not then either ask your server administrator to disable it using:

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off

HYH.

Mithrandir

You mean, the registration form adds slashes that the edit form doesn't?

Could you submit a bug report on it, so we can keep track of it?

Thanks.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

monique
  • 2005/9/18 14:17

• monique

• Just popping in

Thank you -- Magic Quotes is set on for my server. That also explains some other weirdness with one of my other systems. Thank you so much for your help. This has been making me crazy!! XOOPS rules!! Monique.

monique
  • 2005/10/5 0:50

• monique

• Just popping in

I talked to my host and they won't turn Magic Quotes off because:

"The magic quotes are actually used as a security measure against SQL injection attacks. Turning this option off leaves the server pretty vulernable. In all honesty I would leave that option marked as on.

So, unfortunately, we will not be able to turn this feature on since it puts other customers and our server uptime at risk. I would contact the developers of the program and see if they can issue you a patch. Most hosting companies have this php policy."

I appreciate any suggestions as to which programs to hack to have the add a user remove the magic quotes, or some response to the host, or some way to turn of magic quotes for this program only.

Any and all ideas are welcome. TIA --

Monique.

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits