jezzamaster
admin.php page displays nothing

Can anyone help me!!!! I've been tinkering with XOOPS on my local machine with apache and mysql, then i got some web hosting and uploaded the files, and make a .sql with phpmyadmin and uploaded all the database data. Now admin.php displays a blank page, with 'Done' in the corner of IE. So it loaded and it exists but what THE HELL IS WRONG!!!!

Please help me i'm a newbie...lol
"When life hands you a lemon, throw it at someone!"- John Rzeznik, Goo Goo Dolls

jezzamaster
Re: admin.php page displays nothing

Below are the debug errors i get for admin.php!

Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/profile.php line 93
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/user.php line 610
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/common.php line 209
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/common.php line 223
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 819
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 819
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/cp_functions.php line 41
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/cp_functions.php line 58
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 414
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 414
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/blockinstance.php line 169
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/block.php line 179
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/block.php line 180
Warning [Xoops]: Cannot determine path for template themeadmin.html in file class/theme.php line 219
Warning [Xoops]: Cannot determine path for template theme.html in file class/theme.php line 219
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084
"When life hands you a lemon, throw it at someone!"- John Rzeznik, Goo Goo Dolls

JMorris
  • 2005/9/27 10:12

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

First of all, we need a little more information before we can help you. Please provide as much of the following information as possible;

XOOPS Version:
PHP Version:
MySQL Version:
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other):
Operating System:

After you provide your information, please try looking over the FAQs and searching the forums while you wait for your reply. There's a very good chance that you can find the solution to your problem there.

Secondly, please calm down. Since this is only a testing site on your local machine, there's no emergency here, just a great opportunity to learn.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Joeerhea
  • 2005/9/27 20:49

• Joeerhea

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/27

I had the same problem until I changed the cache,uploads and template_c directories to chmod 777. Now it appears that everything works except the images, buttons, banners, and avatars. They are not displaying. I had the same problem with a BB I was trying to install. I gave up and deleted it after the problem stumpped the support staff. Let me know if this gives you the same problem.

jezzamaster

Ok so what am i doing? Its actually not a test site anymore, its functional but still vunerable. Its www.kempseyonline.com. Admin.php doesn't work and i have chmoded the directories to 777. The whole site works, i mean everything comes from the db ok. Ok here are the stats:
Perl Version: 5.8.4
Web Server: Apache
MySQL: 4.0.24
PHP Version: 4.3.10-15
XOOPS: 2.2

Its really bugging me because it works locally but it doesn't on the www server (kempseyonline.com).

Prompt help is always appreciated. Thanks guys.

JMorris
  • 2005/9/29 2:49

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I just noticed something in your php debug output that might provide some clues as to the source of your problem.

Quote:
Warning [Xoops]: Cannot determine path for template themeadmin.html in file class/theme.php line 219
Warning [Xoops]: Cannot determine path for template theme.html in file class/theme.php line 219
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084

What theme are you using?
Do you have your site set to use the frontside theme or the default theme?
If you use the default theme, do you have the blank admin page problem?

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

jezzamaster

how can i change the theme if i can't log into the admin side? can i change it in phpmyadmin?

gediminasbyt

sure, go to phpmyadmin find table yourxoops_config click Browse then Edit _MD_AM_DTHEME and in conf_value enter 'default' 'xmt' or 'x2t' or other theme name.

Gediminas

jezzamaster

Yes its all to do with the themes, seems like it mucked uploading some files. FTP is so slow to upload and has so many errors!!!!

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits