chlockett
Fatal error: mysql extension not loaded in C:\...mysqldatabase.php on line 74
  • 2005/9/11 17:52

• chlockett

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/10

I keep getting anerror message while trying to install XOOPS on my WinXP system using Apache 2.0.54, MySQL sever 4.1, and PHP 5.0.5.

I installed a database in MySQL, ensured I had access to the dbase, etc, then installed XOOPS athttp://localhost (nothing happened, sop I changed went tohttp://locahost/index.php.

Installation went great through the point where it tried to establish the dbase, then it pooped out and gave me the notice:

Fatal error: MySQL extension not loaded in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\class\database\mysqldatabase.php on line 74

I have read through everything I can find here, and can't resolve this conflict at all. Can someone PLEASE help?

I'm a newby, so be gentle.

THanks!

script_fu
Re: Fatal error: mysql extension not loaded in C:\...mysqldatabase.php on line 74

Im not sure witch version of XOOPS your useing but the XOOPS stand alone server works wonders.

http://xsas.sourceforge.net/

I've upgraded my version with ease to the latest XOOPS 2.0.13.1 code base.

Grizzlydk
Re: Fatal error: mysql extension not loaded in C:\...mysqldatabase.php on line 74
  • 2005/9/11 18:51

• Grizzlydk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/24

Hi chlockett

First of it's allways a good idea to check apache's log files.
1. /logs/access.log and
2. /logs/error.log

When you start/restart apache server do u get any error messages ?

Now your problem is either a php or MySQL problem.

1. Check Php.ini and your path to extensions:
Quote:

; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
extension_dir = "c:\.....\.....\php\ext"

2. Check php.ini and modules loaded:
Quote:

extension=php_mysql.dll

3. Finally try copying libmysql.dll from the php libary to c:/windows/system32/

Hope it works
Danish is viery iasy to spoke

Grizzlydk
  • 2005/9/11 18:56

• Grizzlydk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/24

Just one more thing....

Copying the libmysql.dll is not recommend by php, they recommend configurering thw windows paths. But any who... it works for me
Danish is viery iasy to spoke

chlockett
  • 2005/9/11 20:51

• chlockett

• Just popping in

I have done everything you suggested, and I'm still gettgin the same error message.

It seemed to go a little further into the installation prcess ... it got to the installation of the database, then instead of the error message, I got a blank screen.

I went tohttp://localhost/recovery.php and got the old error message -- same line number, etc.

rowdie
  • 2005/9/11 21:17

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

php 5 doesn't have the MySQL extension installed by default. The error message you're getting is because it can't find the extension, it's not related to XOOPS.

This php.net faq gives a bit more info

And Grizzlydk's posts should help getting it installed. Did you restart your server after making the changes? - that could be the trouble, perhaps.

chlockett
  • 2005/9/11 22:16

• chlockett

• Just popping in

I am running (or rather, unsuccessfully TRYING to run) XOOPS 2.2.

I did everything that grizzlydk suggested EXCEPT to move the dll to Windows/system32, BUT I did follow the directions on the installation, and added c:\php to PATH.

AND I stopped and restarted APache after that. Still no go ... any other thoughts?

veryverygut
  • 2006/8/3 16:24

• veryverygut

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/3 1

i'm running into the problem too. have u found any solutions? may i share?

Fatal error: MySQL extension not loaded in D:\Apache\Apache2\htdocs\forum01\class\database\mysqldatabase.php on line 74

jensclas

I recently used WAMP5 to do a local install without a hitch and installed XOOPS 2.0.13.2..if you want some support let me know because there is a draft tutorial at the docs site for installing this...I'm a noob when it comes to understanding a lot of the above mentioned but with wamp5 I didn't need to...

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits