Xtracted
Move Xoops to a subdir?
  • 2005/9/6 13:36

• Xtracted

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/7 2

I want to move my xoopspage to a sub directory on my webserver. Do I need to do anything but move all the files using FTP and then modify the physical and viritual path in the mainfile.php?

adrock
Re: Move Xoops to a subdir?
  • 2005/9/6 14:46

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

that ought to do it...however tyou may need to update various modules once you have done it, as there are some moduels that check the path structure of the main file when installing...and they will generate errors now that the structure has changed. xcGal does that...

Let us know if you come across any other modules that are 'unhappy' about it as well

Happy Xoopsing!
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

Xtracted
  • 2005/9/6 17:15

• Xtracted

• Not too shy to talk

I just moved the files to a subfolder, CHMOD mainfile.php to 777 so I could update the information in in, then CHMOD it back to 444. After that, I could get the index.php file, but when I tried to log in, I got redirected to the location for my old user.php. I had to leave the computer a while and when I came back, I tried again and it worked. It was probably some cache function in my browser that messed with me, now everything seems to work just fine. I updated all my modules just in case and then I had to fix the settings for all my blocks since the update function resets all the settings..

adrock
  • 2005/9/6 18:38

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

cool

yeah...deleting thwe contents of the templates_c folder is always a good idea when moving things or making config changes. (something I quite often forget to do and mention)

anyway...glad it worked and the site didn't 'die' a miserable death

Happy Xoopsing!
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

Xtracted
  • 2005/9/6 19:03

• Xtracted

• Not too shy to talk

First thing I did when the site didnt work. Must have been some local browser cache giving me issues.. Thats what I get for using Internet Explorer..

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits