Jellocat
Really Dumb Question - I'm sure - Installing Modules
  • 2005/8/28 4:41

• Jellocat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/28

I'm a SUPER newbie and have just installed 2.2 (woot woot!). It doesn't have a lot of modules with it, but I read that you can d/l other modules and add them, if they work with 2.2. Question - in Mambo, there's an install function from the admin menu on the CMS itself. I don't see that in Xoops. How do you get the module into the site? Do you simply ftp it to the modules directory? Sorry if this is a lame question, but I've been searching through the forum and it's WAY past my bedtime. <G>

rowdie
Re: Really Dumb Question - I'm sure - Installing Modules
  • 2005/8/28 5:18

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

First ftp the module to the modules directory. Then go to admin modules->administration and the new module will be in the list at the bottom of the page, with a button next to it to install it

Be careful about which modules you choose though, for compatibility with 2.2.

zeroram
  • 2005/8/28 6:25

• zeroram

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/30

hey i dont want to sound rude here... but i usually search in a site before asking a question. specially if your answer is on the Site

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/category.php?categoryid=16

sometimes is too easy just to ask..than take 1 minute to do little search

Jellocat
  • 2005/8/28 14:50

• Jellocat

• Just popping in

Quote:

zeroram wrote:
hey i dont want to sound rude here... but i usually search in a site before asking a question. specially if your answer is on the Site

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/category.php?categoryid=16

sometimes is too easy just to ask..than take 1 minute to do little search

Actually, I did a LOT of searching. Maybe I wasn't using the correct keywords, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I also d/led all the tutorials and read through them. Programmers that write manuals can often times overlook the very simple things that we newbies question. After a while, you just get frustrated and post the question whether it's been answered a million times or not, you just hope that some kind soul will take pity on you and will answer. It's not something I make a habit of. Sorry to have bugged you with my query, but thanks for the link. It was definitely what I needed.

See? That wasn't so hard, was it?

Jellocat
  • 2005/8/28 14:50

• Jellocat

• Just popping in

Quote:

rowdie wrote:
First ftp the module to the modules directory. Then go to admin modules->administration and the new module will be in the list at the bottom of the page, with a button next to it to install it

Be careful about which modules you choose though, for compatibility with 2.2.

Oops... meant to say - THANK YOU for you response!

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits