xpgeeos
newbb2 completely messed up after update
  • 2005/8/28 8:43

• xpgeeos

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/18

I'll just dive into the issue since it's a pretty strange one.

I was trying to put some simple google text ads into the forums theme. One I had already altered several times. Once I hit the update button though, it went all to hell. I have the site down right now until I fix this, so I can't show anyone. However, when I go to the forums page, none of my forums are displayed. Just the categories. And at the bottom of the page I get

" alt="" /> =
" alt="" /> =
=

Obviously trying to put adsense ads directly in newbb_thread was what caused it. Unfortunately, taking it out and reupdating didn't fix a damn thing.

I have a backup, but it's old and I have about twice as many members now as I did then.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy my problem? I can't seem to find where the templates are stored in the database, or I would just delete those entries and update the module.

Please help.

xpgeeos
Re: newbb2 completely messed up after update
  • 2005/8/28 8:54

• xpgeeos

• Just popping in

Thinking it was in tplsource, I completely dumped it using phpmyadmin and updated that with the older backup, seeing as how no modules were changed or installed since then. But it's the same problem. I just don't understand.

xpgeeos
  • 2005/8/28 9:10

• xpgeeos

• Just popping in

Something else I noticed, is that it's as if I never altered the template to the forum posts. But I did...

Does anyone know if tplsource is the only place these things are stored or altered when the module is updated?

jdseymour

Try clearing template_c and the cache folder except for the index.html files.

xpgeeos
  • 2005/8/28 9:28

• xpgeeos

• Just popping in

Well, I tried that, and afterwards I get blank forums. Absolutely nothing shows up. So I updated the forum module and I'm back to the same problem.

I've replaced the newbb folder, the theme I'm using, AND _tplsource with the previous versions, but nothing helps.

jdseymour

Have you updated the forum module in the modules administration page?

That will re write all templates to the database. Also if your using a cloned set you will have to delete and generate them manually in the templates administration page.

xpgeeos
  • 2005/8/28 9:31

• xpgeeos

• Just popping in

Yes.

xpgeeos
  • 2005/8/28 9:33

• xpgeeos

• Just popping in

I have the old database and the new database, What tables from the new database would I have to keep in order to keep all my users and forum cats/topics/posts ?

jdseymour

All of the _bb_* ones.

xpgeeos
  • 2005/8/28 18:53

• xpgeeos

• Just popping in

Can anyone give me a short rundown of anything and everything that affects how the forums are displayed? Both in the faltfiles of the site directory, and in the database so I may figure out what is causing this?

Thank you in advance.

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits