Problem with mailing users
  • 2005/8/25 8:58

• annie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/29

Hiya

When sending mail to my site members I get the following error

Quote:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 184320 bytes) in /home/sites/worldwidemediums.com/public_html/modules/system/xoops_version.php on line 276

Can anyone help please?

Antoine
Re: Problem with mailing users
  • 2005/8/25 9:10

• Antoine

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/14

You potentially have a lot of users and the datastructure that the XoopsMailer tries to set-up exeeds the limit set in the PHP config file and/or the mail you are trying to send is very large.
If this involves a site hosted by yourself you should try to change the memory_limit variable to say 16M and see if that works.
Otherwise you will have to ask your hosting provider to allow your scripts to allocate more memory.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Why this out of memory issue occurs in your /modules/system/xoops_version.php file is a bit of a mystery though. Could be a weird coincidence but maybe you could post the contents of that file just to be sure?

annie
  • 2005/8/25 9:22

• annie

• Just popping in

this is line 276

$modversion['profile']['field'][7]['required'] = 0;

Antoine
  • 2005/8/25 10:03

• Antoine

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/14

Must be the proverbial drop that floods the bucket then.
Well, I guess setting the maximum script memory to just one or two megs more should likely fix it.
Still seems to me that using the mailer shouldn't normaly use over 8M of memory (looking at the Core Developers here).

tedsmith
  • 2005/9/23 21:43

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I use 2.0.13.1 on two sites both hosted by the same company (so I don't host the sites myself).

Whenever I try to send e-mail or PMs to all the users (which is 200 on one site, and 500 on the other) I get a 'Service Unavailable' message in black type in FireFox.

However, if I use the 'Find Users' feature, enter '@' as a search term in the field 'E-Mail --> Contains' it will obviously list all the users. I then click the 'Only those that wish to receive e-mail' radio button, and I can send e-mails to each seperate page listing using the 'Send Mail' drop down menu.

Is the problem I'm having likely to be that the Mail Users feature is trying to send mails to those that do not wish to receive them, or is a hosting issue?

Thanks

Ted

tedsmith
  • 2005/9/24 17:28

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

*bump*

annie
  • 2005/9/24 18:17

• annie

• Just popping in

I'm using version 2.2 with 233 members and growing daily.

I tried your method above and it worked using the default php mail()

So what is the problem with the normal way of sending email? I didn't have a problem until we got over 150 members, so is the problem something to do with the amount of members a site has?

I also found this error after sending mails by the above method

Warning [PHP]: implode(): Bad arguments. in file class/mail/xoopsmultimailer.php line 171

Line 171 reads:

$this->Host = implode(';',$xoopsMailerConfig['smtphost']);

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits