Mamba
Is XOOPS W3C-standard compliant?
  • 2005/8/23 22:01

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote from a net:

"I am in favor for anything which is W3C-standard compliant. The current version of XOOPS isn't. Check using the W3C validator."

Is this correct? If yes, what would it take to make it compliant?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

LazyBadger
Re: Is XOOPS W3C-standard compliant?

It's correct (partially). XOOPS isn't fully conform XHTML 1.0 Transitional
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

JMorris
  • 2005/8/23 22:59

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Actually, it depends on what modules you have installed, how you created your blocks, the theme you are using, and what code you use for your banners.

If I'd get off my lazy butt and fix a couple sloppy ASCII character issues I created and banner code issues, MyWebResource, which runs XOOPS 2.2.2 is fully XHTML 1.0 Transitional compliant (on the homepage). As soon as you start browsing the various third party modules, however, compliance cannot be assured.

The problem is that there are a ton of bright module developers around XOOPS, that really are not that great with HTML templates. They can make it work, but it's anyone's guess whether it will validate.

If you want your site to be 100% XHTML 1.0 Transitional and CSS 2.0 compliant, it is possible, but, you'll have to edit some third party module templates, some hard-coded module files, and you might even want to submit a report to the module's developers letting them know what you had to do to make the site compliant.

Just my two cents.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

WarDick
  • 2005/8/23 23:14

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

I don't think it would be a bad idea for the community to get more involved.

The problem is that I fix my compliance issues submit a report to the developers but the fixes are too slow in coming to the community.

I think it would be great if we had a team whose interest was to make a totally compliant xoops. Custom blocks are out. Everything else should be do able.

I believe if we had a special forum for posting results it might work.

The sad part is that when someone tries to do this he is often chastized as being a non team player a.k.a. Wanikoo.

Personally I feel like we need more community envolvement. Lets not leave the whole task up to Mithrander.
Urging XOOPS to be the Best It Can Be.
Richard......

Mamba
  • 2005/8/23 23:17

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

I think it would be great if we had a team whose interest was to make a totally compliant xoops. Custom blocks are out. Everything else should be do able.

I believe if we had a special forum for posting results it might work.

We could create list of W3C compliance modules. This could motivate people to do the homework so they could make on this list.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Peekay
  • 2005/8/23 23:32

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

We can't even get a list of modules that work.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Dave_L
  • 2005/8/24 0:29

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

W3C-compliance should be included in the list of mandatory items for module certification. That's in the latest QA roadmap. I think MarcoFr has a topic posted with his latest checklist.

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits