Sebastian
Opera- " Could not insert forum post " error when posting in newbb
  • 2005/8/18 0:48

• Sebastian

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/25

Hello,

I'm not sure that I'm posting this in the correct place, if not, I do apologize. I don't feel it's a module question, nor installation troubleshooting.

I have a XOOPS 2.0.13 website that I administrate, and I am using the Firefox browser. All is good.

However, when I use the Opera browser, I can't effectively administrate my site; I get problems at some points with uploads and posting; particularly when trying to post at the forum.

Typically, the error message I get is "Could not insert forum post." I never get this error on my other browsers. How to set up Opera so that it works with my site?

I know that there are some issues with ZoneAlarm and that you have to make it accept "private headers" or whatchacallit, but this is not the case; I can't post when I shut down the firewall neither.

I know it is possible to have Opera work well with xoops, I have heard reports from Opera users that they can use my site and I've actually posted at one occasion from under Opera when at university. I don't know what its configuration was exactly, though.

Could it matter that my home computer is behind a NAT? I know the university computers have public IPs.

Any help so that I could warn my visitors of possible errors and solutions would be appreciated.

Sebastian
Re: Opera- " Could not insert forum post " error when posting in newbb
  • 2005/8/18 20:14

• Sebastian

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/25

As per the advice below, I have ascertained what the problem was, it works now! This post is from under Opera!

http://my.opera.com/forums/showthread.php?s=82faf609899bf3c8fb19de070eea43ac&threadid=99601

Just hit F12 and enable referrer logging. XOOPS unfortunately (and stupidly) requires it.

Thanks, CLStefan

silver98cams
Re: Opera- " Could not insert forum post " error when posting in newbb

having same problem but using firefox.. any suggestions

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits