Howto's
  • 2005/8/10 7:40

• Graviton

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/10

Hi,

I am completely new to PHP, have a little bit of knowledge
about MySQL and some HTML.
I want to use XOOPS but I cannot find many helps, just found one about blocks which is good but nothing else, not even on the XOOPS website due to the hacking of the website.
I cannot even get a simple image uploaded and things like that, I am probably completely misusing the software.
And also I have the latest version but that is without modules?
So I am not going to find any helps on that version I guess.
All this is very confusing for me lol.

Any help plz,

I want my website to go online in less then a week with this software.

bluenova
Re: Howtos

The FAQ has a large amount of help and searching the forums will normally produce results as most questions have been asked in the past at some point. If you really can't find what you need just ask on the forum, and people will be more than happy to help.

Xoops 2.2 does not come with modules (apart from PM and Profiles) You can find a whole host of modules in the repository, and if you want to try some out to find out whats best for you, take a look at the site in my signature.

carnuke
Re: Howto's
  • 2005/8/10 8:08

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

hellow graviton and welcome to XOOPS

I suggest you look in the FAQ section first. WE are still in process of recovering the docs site, so many documents are still missing. You can also find some documentation HERE which covers many basics.

Hope this helps.

Richard
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

Graviton
  • 2005/8/13 17:31

• Graviton

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/10

Thx guys

mperdue
  • 2005/8/16 14:43

• mperdue

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/16

I've tried downloading some of the documentation at the link provided but all I get is the following message...

Quote:
This file doesn't belong to the site you came from

Please e-mail the webmaster of the site you came from and tell him:
NOT TO LEECH OTHER SITES LINKS!!

Definition of a Leecher: One who is to lazy to link from his own server or steals other peoples hard work and makes it look like his own

Your IP address has been logged.

Is there any other way to get the doc files?

Mario

Cheeze
  • 2005/8/16 16:55

• Cheeze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/16

It worked fine for me. Perhaps you can try again? Or specify which link that you have problems with.

mperdue
  • 2005/8/17 4:31

• mperdue

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/16

I just tried again and I get the same message. It's the same with any file I try to download from there. I've shut down my firewall and popup blocker but it still doesn't work from me. Anyone got any ideas? I'd really like to see some documentation on this stuff...

Mario

Cheeze
  • 2005/8/17 17:42

• Cheeze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/16

Why don't you specify which files you need. I can download for you and email it to you if you'd like. Of course you'd have to PM me your email address.

carnuke
  • 2005/8/17 19:07

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Quote:
I've tried downloading some of the documentation at the link provided but all I get is the following message...

Quote:

This file doesn't belong to the site you came from

Please e-mail the webmaster of the site you came from and tell him:
NOT TO LEECH OTHER SITES LINKS!!

Definition of a Leecher: One who is to lazy to link from his own server or steals other peoples hard work and makes it look like his own

Your IP address has been logged.

Is there any other way to get the doc files?

Mario

Mmm, I have had several reports of this and I don't know why it is! I deliberately gave links to my category page as opposed to each download link to try and prevent this. Is this a wf-downloads problem or what.

Really sorry folks, what I suggest is that you visit my home page (see my signature here) and navigate to the software reviews setion. There should be no problems then.

Maybe someone can tell me how to remedy this problem ????

Richard
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

Bender
  • 2005/8/17 19:40

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

mperdue wrote:
I just tried again and I get the same message. It's the same with any file I try to download from there. I've shut down my firewall and popup blocker but it still doesn't work from me. Anyone got any ideas? I'd really like to see some documentation on this stuff...

Mario

As it´s based on the referrer (afaik) shutting down your firewall should prevent this from happening.

Which browser are you using? Can you try a different one to help nail this down?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

258 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 258

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits