DCrussader
Officialized local support site

How one site become officialized by XOOPS Community, what have to be added such as content, exept localization for all XOOPS versions and 3rd party modules.

More than six months XOOPSBG.ORG maintained by ep98 - Stefan Ilivanov, currently I'm in charge for both sites XOOPS Translations and XOOPS Bulgarian (Un)Oficial support site. And there are few Bulgarian users which prefer to use XOOPS instead of Nuke(Damn it) or Mambo (FreeBSD is more simple than this CMS).

I think if this site is officialized as XOOPS local support site for Bulgarian, more ppl will switch at least from damned nuke to XOOPS.

Steve currently only present on both projects as my personal support. I dont care what was going wrong between him and XOOPS community, everytime when I got free time, I make fixes to the existing ones and adding new translations, CBB 1.14 (partialy) was the last, partialy, cos the Administration part is very big for a single man with not alot of free time to complete it. One day will be completed for sure, but when ... dont know.

The questions are:

1. What exept latest news have to be translated and posted to local officialized support site.
2. What exept the core releases fo xOOPS 1.3, 2.0.13 and 2.2.1 have to be translated.
3. May I use a custom logo, or to use XOOPS with something such the current one -http://xoopsbg.org
4. What are the requirements at all... (currently I'm very tired to remind myself what was the other questions... some of u knows wtf means computer technician in Piracy Cyber Caffe in Post Communist countries - Serbia, Bulgaristan (my lovely), Russians, Romanians etc. etc.

Thanks in advace.
May The Source Be With You!

rabideau
Re: Officialized local support site
  • 2005/8/10 12:51

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

I'm not certain if this topic is appropriate for the broad XOOPS community. Perhaps you should contact the dev team directly with your questions... or post a project on dev.xoops.org
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

smdcom

you should contact Herko in order for ur site to be listed as official local support.

Herko
  • 2005/8/10 14:13

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

In the 'All about XOOPS' section, we have a page dedicated to 'the Official Support Site Guidelines'. Then, contact me and/or jdseymour about becoming an official support site

Herko

DCrussader

Readed and partialy accepted, some questions about this Liasion Team, WOX Newsletter and few other localized sites are posted.

In addition to this local support sites:

Compare SMD (Malaysia Support site) with Russians, Spanish and Mexico and u will see the difference that I'm talking about in my mail. All modules released by SMD is not ONLY in Maylasian language. Thanks for your work on XM-Memberstats 2.1.

Thanks for the answers.

DCrussader

I contacted "Herko" and still doesnt have reply, how much time takes this procedure to be approved or declined as officialized site ?

Or all open tasks such as XOOPS, Fusion 6 will remain Un(Official) Support site ?

Or there is something wrong with my mail ?

This things in Mambo(simply) are the only one simplicity, someone which gives translation first, and help at least on one Mambo user on his page is accepted as Officialized local support.

Unofficialy, my team released 3 unofficial translations for XOOPS, used from XOOPS community, downloads counts every day. Spanish without cooperation with the current "officialized" site, only one member from esxoops helps Jose Moya.

Second Gujarati, created by Ankit Patel, he dont care will be officialized or not by XOOPS community, cos XOOPS is used only by him, and this translation was not be created on request, it was a contribution.

Third and not last is Bulgarian

Next on, French (without help from the officialized, hmmm why again) and Bangladesh (Indians again).

So whatever u decide here, approved or rejected, on my page will stay this slogan: Bulgarian Local Support Site (of course in Bulgarian).

davidl2
  • 2005/8/14 18:31

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I don't think anyone is ignoring you... more of a case that over the past few weeks there has been pressing issues with XOOPS being hacked, trying to re-instate the missing sites, and of course making 2.2.x more stable.

Please be patient with everyone.. I will speak to some of the people involved in this side for you as well... as it is possible that things may have got overlooked with all the other recent problems.

Thanks for the great work you have done so far.

david

jdseymour

Hi DCrussader,

Thanks for your interest in supporting XOOPS.

The Liaison team is a group in charge of communications between xoops.org and the local support sites, and vice versa.

We will post your site for review on our forum. Sorry to say we have all been busy lately, with XOOPS 2.2.x, the recent hacking and resulting problems... not to mention lifes work.

The Liason team is headed by me, and the WOX newsletter team is lead by M0ntey. These contacts will be posted on xoops.org soon.

Very sorry for the confusion in getting your site submitted.

DCrussader

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:

Very sorry for the confusion in getting your site submitted.

Confusion ? Hmm, Cant understand that, ok whatever is it, no matter, just fix the rules and force the support sites to maintain it...

I dont care about officialization, gtlt will continue to bring more translations (unicoded) to XOOPS community, and XOOPS Bulgaria will maintain support of Bulgarian XOOPERS. So added or not to this official list, no matter, is it unOfficial support site to all which not understand English, wont read Russians, and so on.

French (Unicoded) translation, again unofficialy will be released this days, next on target is Danish (Mith's living place).

Quote:
We will post your site for review on our forum. Sorry to say we have all been busy lately, with XOOPS 2.2.x, the recent hacking and resulting problems... not to mention lifes work.

My team mates are busy too, all of them have different tasks, PostNuked modules, XOOPS modules and core, Finacial software, web browser, all scrap published on sourceforge.net (someone will request translation for a program used by 5 clients, eg. X-something IRC client for windows).

Quote:
The Liason team is headed by me, and the WOX newsletter team is lead by M0ntey. These contacts will be posted on xoops.org soon.

Where is located this WOX newsletter, maybe I'll found something interesting to be translated for the users ?

About Liasion team, I'm not sure that dual way communication works propertly, but this is mine decision...

Thanks for the readings and answers.

Login

Who's Online

141 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 141

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits