davidl2
Re: Modules working with Xoops 2.2
  • 2005/8/8 23:31

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I've suggested about adding a category to the repository, but I'm afraid testing so many modules is realistically not possible in a short space of time.

As for a list? Well I suggested it earlier in this thread - but the thread is turning into a list by the looks of it

rider
  • 2005/8/9 0:04

• rider

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/18

I've been testing XOOPS 2.2.0 on my machine at home and confirm the following modules seem to work fine:

CBB2.2
MyAlbum-P 2.84
piCal (latest)
NetFTP

Modules I have issues with are:

WFSections - Won't properly post. You need to create a new document with text that doesn't use XOOPS code then save. After which you are then able to use the DHTML editor properly.

CatAds - 1.4 will not create categories instead it just brings up a blank page and 1.23 will not post ads it just errors.

XFGuestbook - Errors when posting

Modules I haven't tried yet:

WeBlog
Darryn Lowe
Rider NZ...

artigas
  • 2005/8/9 0:26

• artigas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/21

I agree with adding an additional field for each release of XOOPS that can be checked when the module has been proven to work with that release.

Please note that this is going to be something that will need to be checked again in 2.4.x, 2.6.x, 4.0.x, etc.

As an alternative sugestion, you can post a comment on the module itself after you have checked it out.

So if you see seventeen people have checked out a module and their comments say it works on 2.2.x you got a higher level of confidence that this will work properly than if you see two people have checked out a module and say that it works. Obviously, you can post comments if you have problems with a module.

Hope That Helps.
Regards,
Roberto Artigas
If you move one grain of sand at a time to the same location eventually you will create a mountain.

gediminasbyt

Another module that works is AMS so far only a couple of undefined variables

Notice [PHP]: Undefined indexspotlights in file modules/AMS/blocks/ams_spotlight.php line 54
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined indexids in file modules/AMS/blocks/ams_spotlight.php line 60

in ams_spotlight on my front page

then bunch of notices when you click 'Links' in article:
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _AMS_NW_USERNAME assumed '_AMS_NW_USERNAME' in file modules/AMS/include/searchform.php line 34
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant _AMS_NW_MANAGELINK assumed '_AMS_NW_MANAGELINK' in file modules/AMS/link.php line 197
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant _AMS_NW_READMORE assumed '_AMS_NW_READMORE' in file modules/AMS/class/class.newsstory.php line 849
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant _AMS_NW_COMMENTS assumed '_AMS_NW_COMMENTS' in file modules/AMS/class/class.newsstory.php line 853
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant _AMS_NW_INTARTICLE assumed '_AMS_NW_INTARTICLE' in file modules/AMS/class/class.newsstory.php line 872
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant _AMS_NW_INTARTFOUND assumed '_AMS_NW_INTARTFOUND' in file modules/AMS/class/class.newsstory.php line 872

and actually the name shows up as _AMS_NW_MANAGELINK instead of it's variable
as in:
Index > Articles > XOOPS > _AMS_NW_MANAGELINK

But as everyone knows already with 2.2 there are many notices and it does not brake any AMS or XOOPS operation.

Maybe Brash can look into it when finds some 'free' time. Other than that it works flawlessly. Thanks again Brash!

My stats: XOOPS 2.2 php5

toddherrold

xcgal seems to work fine on 2.2 for me.

theCat
  • 2005/8/9 6:51

• theCat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/2 2

@ rider
When you give an information like "this module don't work", you must be more precise.
Give the version of php, and preferably the status of
register globlal and safe mode, and wich browser is used.

I have tested catads 1.4 with XOOPS 2.2.1 and php5 : it work fine ! Several people of french community say me also 'no problem'.

When the information is incomplete, a module developper can't reproduce the problem, and fix it.

For XFguestbook, I agree with you.
I dont't know at the moment if I publish a fix, or a new release (nearly ready).

[size=x-small]Sorry for my poor english. I hope I speak better Php than I do english[/size]

rider
  • 2005/8/10 2:37

• rider

• Just popping in

Sorry this was just a sort of basic what works for me and what doesn't.

Here's a list of details for my test machine:

System: 2004 iBook running MacOS X.4 (Tiger)
Browser: Safari, Camino, IE
Web System: Apache 1.3, PHP 4.3.11 (safe_mode: off, register_globals: off), MySQL 4.1.12

CatAds 1.4 will create a blank page after entering the category details and does not create the category.

CatAds 1.23 will not post instead brings up an error but it doesn't say what the error is.

Looking forward to the new version of XFGuestbook. Actually the error I was having was that it appeared to post the entry but it never shows.

I just tested WeBlog 1.4 and I can't do anything in the administration pages. All I get is blank pages. Everything except the main pages. I can't do categories, can't do priviledges, can't do database, can't do blocks. All blank pages.
Darryn Lowe
Rider NZ...

rider
  • 2005/8/10 2:56

• rider

• Just popping in

Okay I think I have something on the CatAds front.

My XOOPS setup was based on my current XOOPS 2.0.3 setup then upgraded to XOOPS 2.2.1.

On blowing away the entire install and doing a fresh install of XOOPS 2.2.1 I can get CatAds working fine. Cat, do you have any idea why this would happen? Is it a MySQL error or a XOOPS error?

If I can get this program sorted then I will seriously look at upgrading my site within the next couple of months. One question though. I have changed the currency options to $, £, and € but CatAds displays these AFTER the value instead of before. What file do I edit and what option displays the currency?
Darryn Lowe
Rider NZ...

theCat
  • 2005/8/10 7:30

• theCat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/2 2

Quote:
On blowing away the entire install and doing a fresh install of XOOPS 2.2.1 I can get CatAds working fine

Good news
Quote:
Cat, do you have any idea why this would happen?

I don't know
Quote:
but CatAds displays these AFTER the value instead of before. What file do I edit and what option displays the currency?

Answer here

mayhem_sci
  • 2005/8/10 9:48

• mayhem_sci

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/1 4

When I first tried to install AMS on XOOPS 2.2.1 I got this:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/mayhem/public_html/xoops/include/notification_functions.php on line 95
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_notification_select.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084

But later when I tried again it worked. I'm really confused.

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits