Theophilus7
Some news 1.3 problems

Hi,

I've run into a couple of problems with News 1.3:

1) I have been trying to create a block on my front page to display only news articles from *particular* categories - a select box is provided in the Edit block form where you can choose which topic(s) you want the block to use. Unfortunately, the block doesn't seem to notice my selection - it continues to display, along with the other article summaries, a summary of an article that belongs to one of the topics I had *excluded* from my selection.

2) News 1.3. persistently displays the author as "anonymous" when it is displaying articles on my site - though when I go to edit them it is my own user name and NOT "anonymous" that is selected.

Are these bugs, or might I be doing something wrong?

Cheers.

jjcmoney
Re: Some news 1.3 problems
  • 2005/8/8 2:21

• jjcmoney

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/10

Hi,

As far as #1 goes, I don't get the same results as you're getting. I have two Topics, and if I use the following link:

http://www.yoursitehere.com/modules/news/index.php?storytopic=2

..I get only stories from my second topic. That being said, I only use one topic typically, so I wouldn't typically have that problem. I put up a second topic and put an article in it in order to test your question.

I use the Multimenu module on my sites, and can add a menu item with the above link so that the linked page only shows articles from one topic.

Curious...when you say "a select box is provided in the Edit block form", which block are you editing?

Alternatively, you can follow the link below to see how to add the link above to your main menu. You would just need to replace the "storytopic=" number with the corresponding number of the Topic you want to display:

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=261

....#2 on your list:

I noticed this too recently...when editing or creating your story, there's a field called "author". I had to change it to "admin" (specific to my site...you may have a different name you'll be using) when I first started using this module, even though I was logged in. I had to click "list" and "add" my username to the drop down list (again, this is all next to the "author" field selection when creating or editing a news item).

I think "anonymous" is in there until you add other names via the above method.

...hope that helps...

JC
JC

Theophilus7
Re: Some news 1.3 problems

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I won't have time to fiddly with my site again until the weekend, but I'll follow your suggestions and see what happens.

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits