annie
smartFAQ
  • 2005/8/5 10:38

• annie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/29

On trying to add a category to smartFAQ I get the following error

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/sites/worldwidemediums.com/public_html/modules/smartfaq/include/displayfaqs.php on line 52

Can anyone help?

jdseymour
Re: smartFAQ

If you are using smartfaq on XOOPS 2.2 it is not fully compliant yet. Marcan is currently working to get his modules fully compatible with XOOPS 2.2.

annie
  • 2005/8/5 10:46

• annie

• Just popping in

Hi JD

There was a new module deposited today and I thought that was the new update

jdseymour

Usually marcan is pretty good about announcing his new releases. He will add a news item when the updates are complete.

Peekay
  • 2005/8/5 12:39

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

As jdseymour points out, if you are using XOOPS 2.2 you may find many modules will fail that work perfectly under 2.0.1x.

Forcing the module developers to enter their module's system requirements in xoops.org downloads section has already been discussed. I hope that does happen one day, because I really do think it would save everyone a lot of grief.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

annie
  • 2005/8/5 12:54

• annie

• Just popping in

Yes it would ... I waited for 2.2 to come out before I started using it. I didn't see the point in installing and then upgrading so I waited. Now I'm having to go through a trail and error with every module I want to use to see if they work with 2.2

So yes it would be brilliant if module developers could post which version of XOOPS their module works with

digitz
  • 2005/8/5 17:31

• digitz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/28

Hi all,

SOS!!!!

I have a big problem with SmartFAQ. I just added some categories with no problems, then added a Q&A and then BANG. My databse is down and I get the following message:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Helpful information you should provide while asking for assistance:

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file \wwwroot\class\database\databasefactory.php line 34

My site won't laod and I keep on getting this message.

No access to anything, not even recovery.php

I'm using XOOPS v2.2, and too bad I realized a little late that SmartFAQ doesn't work with v2.2 at the moment.

Can anyone help me please!!!

jdseymour

The database server crashed and is not running. You need to restart the server.

digitz
  • 2005/8/5 20:03

• digitz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/28

I tried connecting to PHPMyAdmin but it says error #2003, cannot connect to the server, this menas the whole server must be down and not just the instance of the database.

I've contacted my Hosting provider to see what they can do.

Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

126 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 126

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits