Forlorndeeds
Anyone use hosting by GoDaddy.com if so, how the HELL do you create database users?!

Hey guys!
I need help. ><
I'm really used to Cpanel, but my client has choosen GoDaddy, and their interface, is something I do not understand, (lots of spam and adverts on their site.) Been trying to make a database username, the site says I do not need one to access the database.

Xoops installsion cannot find itself.

Need help.
*cries*
I appricate the help.

Forlorndeeds
Re: Anyone use hosting by GoDaddy.com if so, how the HELL do you create database users?!

Anyone who's got GoDaddy got XOOPS to install?

MikeFalcor
Re: Anyone use hosting by GoDaddy.com if so, how the HELL do you create database users?!

I USED to have GoDaddy for hosting. I found that the username and password for your databases are your GoDaddy username and password. The EXACT same password you use to FTP into your server. Try that, if it is not right you should contact a GoDaddy CSR.

Forlorndeeds

What about physical path? Does'nt seem to work, getting a d:/hosting/*account name here*.

Beacause, when I do it, I get:
Saving configuration data..
Could not write into mainfile.phpPlease check the file permission and try again.

Herko
  • 2005/8/2 9:12

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

create a file called test.php which looks like this:
<?php
phpinfo()
?>

Upload to the XOOPS root folder, and load it in your browser. This will display all kinds of info, including the script_path or something like that. That's your physical path.

I use godaddy to manage my domains, but not to host them. For domain management they're pretty good (and cheap too)

Herko

Forlorndeeds

Is phsyicall path: _SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] ?

Edit: I know I might sound like a total newb. I thought these things were basic and easy too. But I can not get it to work. It won't write to the file... do you have to upload it a certain way? Binary?

It's mind bloggled me.
I hate when webservers try to make their own interface. GAH.

EDIT: Would Windows NT WINHOST11 5.2 build 3790 have anything to do it? I figured I would CHMOD the permissions, but then it's not a linux server, so I cant... =((((

Help please. ><

bluenova

If its on a *nix server the physical path will be something like /home/somethinghere/public_html but you need to check this with your provider

You need change the permissions on mainfile.php before you can edit it. You can do that through your FTP program. Normally it should be 444 but to edit it you should change it to 744 then change it back afterwards.

jdseymour

Actually change the chmod to 777. See this Chmod Flash Tutorial on what and how to change file/folder permissions.

bluenova

That will work too, but it will also give the whole world access to mainfile.php which isn't safe and is not necessary to edit the file through a browser filemanger.

jdseymour

But it appears he is trying to run the installation script for a new installation, not editing mainfile.php for an existing install. Sure 777 is a security risk, as I state in the tutorial for mainfile.php, you change the permissions edit and change to chmod 444 for security.

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits