finnerss
Blank page when installing or uninstalling a module
  • 2005/7/30 7:03

• finnerss

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/8 2

Hi, this is the first time I run into this problem, and actually I have built 3 sites with pretty much the same configuration for everything

My XOOPS is the latest stable release, that means right before XOOPS 2.2, and it's running in 3 websites : www.gplegacy.com/antartida, www.nagpl.com/community, www.gbgpl.com/community.

The problem is in www.gplegacy.com which happens to be my main website :(

I got XCgal working in the two mentioned sites, but when I tried to install it in www.gplegacy.com I ran into a blank page when installing the module. The module still shows up if I click on refresh, as if it had been installed, but when I go to its module administration options (XCgal) it goes blank as well... Now I am running into that problem while installing or deactivating forums.

I have tried it all, from deactivating the module, then uninstalling, then deleting the folder via FTP, downloading a fresh install of XCgal, trying to upload it again and repeat the steps, and run into the same problem. I tried even copying the module from the sites where it is running ok, then trying to install that forum into my main site. Same thing...

My main problem is that there are some modules I cannot reach because of the same blank page problem. :( I checked the preferences of Xoops, they're the same for the 3 sites, write permissions in ftp, the same...

I really need urgent help because we're going public very soon with the website launch and we do need the modules and especially the gallery.

Any help will be appreciated, either through here or you can find me too at webmaster@gplegacy.com Any help will be appreciated

Sergio

jdseymour
Re: Blank page when installing or uninstalling a module

The trouble is none of what you wrote is helping us help you. See this Faq Page on methods to get more information from the blank page.

finnerss
  • 2005/7/31 5:29

• finnerss

• Just popping in

Sorry, i tried the FAQ and couldn't find something that would help me out with that, including the debug mode. I tried to be as thorough with the problem as I could.

Nevermind, and sorry I wasted your time with the long post. A fresh install of XOOPS seemed to do the job, just wanted to get it fixed without building my site all over again.

jdseymour

Sorry for that. But the reason I linked that specific Faq page is that when you have a blank page there is a PHP error. You need to enable debug mode to see the error. So next time you get a blank page on your site, please enable debug mode and post the error.

finnerss
  • 2005/8/1 5:37

• finnerss

• Just popping in

Thanks jdseymour,

As a matter of fact I had debug mode on, I tried it with the 3 debut options that I can find in the General Configuration panel, the one related to SQL and blocks, the one for PHP, and the other one related to modules I think? Well, thing is I tried it with all. but even the window that usually pops-up with info, didn't. Simply a blank page :(

This had not happened to me since XOOPS 1, but still, xcgallery seems to be running, I turned gdzip off (it was running just fine before, but I don't know if I should turn it back on.

Now the problem I have is that precisely I can't turn Debug off for XC gal... I've turned it off from the general configuration panel, and it seems to work perfect, except for XCgal. I've tried it in user mode, the debu info is still been generated below the categories list : here's what I get under the gallery :

USER:
Array
(
[ID] => 27a54484534eb15c6c134dd20af7a6ff
[am] => 1
[liv] => Array
(
[0] => 1
[1] => 177
)

[ecard] => Array
(
[0] => 1122778638
)

)

GET :
Array
(
)

(
)

Page generated in 0.247 seconds - 0 queries in 0 seconds - Album set :

If you could help me out, I'd really be grateful :( We need to launch this project very soon and I really want to do it with Xoops, it's like my home since 4 years ago...

Here's the url : www.gplegacy.com/antartida

It does require activation via e-mail.

My best wishes and hope to hear from you.

Sergio

jdseymour

Could this possibly be a developer version of XCgal. Sometimes developers set debug to on within the module for testing purposes. And on a few occasions I have experienced, forgot to turn it off upon release. There would be a code in the source that enables it, but I cannot remember the code or where to look.

finnerss
  • 2005/8/3 18:50

• finnerss

• Just popping in

Good question, I haven't been able to find a latest release of XCgal in the modules and some other websites which are supposed to provide modules, help, etc. for Xoops...

I will be grateful if anyone could point me in the good direction. I'm looking forward to try XOOPS 2.2 when it's production stable too, but right now any previous friendly version of XCGal will be appreciated.

Thanks again :)

Sergio

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits