leebrendalee
my Database--would I lose my modules?

If I did the install over again...but first dropped the database........would I lose all my modules that I've installed????? I think this would fix the registration log in problem. I've tried looking for this:

xoops_modules

set the value of isactive to 0 then go to the main site and login again

everything seems to start with letters and numbers in front like this:

28l9Q27_agendax_cat
28l9Q27_agendax_event_repeats

Gambero[removed]
Re: my Database--would I lose my modules?

Hmm ... I don't understand the first part of the post:

Quote:
If I did the install over again...but first dropped the database........would I lose all my modules that I've installed?????

What is the first step, the second and so on ... ?

leebrendalee

Sorry----------

I'm having problems whereby users cannot log on. I suspect it's my database. My question is, if I delete my database and run the install program for XOOPS again, will I loose the modules that I've downloaded and installed???

Also, I've just went to my page from work..and it said 14 people were on there..WHICH I KNOW IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE...
maybe 1 person...maybe......so why would it show 14 people????????????
thanks
brenda

jdseymour

Well if you delete and reinstall fresh in a new database, you will not lose the modules. They would however be not installed, and no data would be there for them. Most all the content in your site (news articles, links, forum post) are stored in the database. So deleting the database is the same as deleting content, not the physical files that make up the modules.

HTH.

leebrendalee

OK thanks.........I'm so frustrated with this program....but I like the potential and ease of it so much that I"m willing to stick through this frustation of learning this program. Every single module and block and program I install has problems.....so I'll just go ahead and drop the database and run the install again...thanks very much..I was very close to giving up as there doesn't seem to be much forum action going on...just an observation..

leebrendalee

19 people it says on my website
ABSOLUTELY AND TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE...

Login

Who's Online

250 user(s) are online (176 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 250

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits