Peekay
ASP in an iFrame on a website served by Linux?
  • 2005/7/29 11:40

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I have a small 'News Page' utility written in ASP that one of my customers uses. The main news pages are hosted on my site, but I display a 'Headlines' ASP page in an iFrame on the customer's website homepage.

At the moment the customer's site is also hosted on a Win/NT server with ASP support, but I want to move it to a Linux server (with the ultimate aim of porting it to Xoops).

I just wondered... if I moved the site to Linux, would the iFrame still display the ASP 'Headlines' page from my NT site, or would the Linux server need to be running something like ChilliSoft ASP for it to work?.

I can't get my head round whether the local server would need ASP as well as the remote one.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

DonXoop
Re: ASP in an iFrame on a website served by Linux?

I claim no knowledge of ASP but this should work since iframe presents content as rendered from the remote site. It should be an easy test to find out.
no max no bling. goes double for mik. triple for the insane aliases of said lunatics
===========================
Not around here anymore. Way too many idiots, so sad.

Peekay
Re: ASP in an iFrame on a website served by Linux?
  • 2005/7/29 11:48

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Thx DonXoop. Actually, you're right. I could have tested it quicker than I wrote the post!

It does work.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits