Vahrokh
Re: Which internet-grands use XOOPS?
  • 2005/7/21 11:30

• Vahrokh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/17

Ok, no big sites use Xoops, XOOPS is just used by my grandma's "Old Aunt Mary's Cake Recipes".

Now that you know the oh so sad truth please move to Drupal and have a blast with it.

Herko
  • 2005/7/21 11:30

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

mcnaz: my comment was directed at LB, not you (see poststamps to see I hadn't read your reply when I posted yet).

LB: your point is valid, of course. And I didn't want to start a discussion about which is the better system based on those arguments. My point was that having a highly visible site running your system is not only a good thing, but a potential danger too. As you point out so well, the webmaster using your system has a huge factor in what is the better system. But it shows that ALL kind of publicity generated from these high profile websites, get blown out of proportion. The good AND the bad.

So, if you say that it is a signal that the XOOPS community doesn't have (m)any high profile sites on its list of clients, then I disagree. At least when you say it is a signal about the quality of the system.

Herko

Vahrokh
  • 2005/7/21 11:39

• Vahrokh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/17

Quote:

So, if you say that it is a signal that the XOOPS community doesn't have (m)any high profile sites on its list of clients, then I disagree. At least when you say it is a signal about the quality of the system.

I have seen lots of XOOPS sites around, they just don't go around with a big e-p3nis stick about it.

I.e. I myself have co-developed like 10 sites, some of them visited by a sizable amount of visitors, but one of the contract clauses was not to make public the solutions we used. I left that job when we were studying with the customer a site with about 2.5M visits a day.

I see XOOPS as a professional's tool, something you love and use everyday for regular customers, not something flashy to boast around to raise the market share of it.

pod
  • 2005/7/21 11:59

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

Quote:
I have seen lots of XOOPS sites around, they just don't go around with a big e-p3nis stick about it.

I see XOOPS as a professional's tool, something you love and use everyday for regular customers, not something flashy to boast around to raise the market share of it.

lmao, & nicely put.

Maybe there arent many "high profile" sites which employ XOOPS, but I wouldnt consider spreadfirefox exactly all that high profile, either. Most major companies have their own teams of developers designing custom content solutions, which would be in my opinion the primary reason you don't see Yahoo running on Postnuke or PBS running on XOOPS.

I personally would choose high quality over some notion of high profile, which of course is completely relative anyway. I know I've read here about some official government and political campaign sites using XOOPS, as well as national or global radio stations or some such... I don't have the threads handy but search the YAXS & you might be surprized at the range of sites that use XOOPS well.
www.myxoops.com - MyXoops Is Your XOOPS!

XeonDP
  • 2005/7/24 11:17

• XeonDP

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/24

very great site, beloved by many people xoops

Gambero[removed]

http://www.kloofy.net/

World's best site for subtitles of asian films.

44.946 registered users

pmhoran
  • 2005/7/24 11:52

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/21

I guess what a person considers a "high profile" site depends on what industry or topic you are interested in. Personally, I haven't heard of any of the sites that have been mentioned as "high profile".

I have, though, spent a couple years testing out and trying various CMS's for the past 2 years ... trying to find one that could handle, relatively securely, all that I needed it to do for my own personal website that is also a sort of information site for people who are disabled due to, or afflicted by, the same illness that I have.

XOOPS is the only CMS that I found and tested that "passed muster". And yes, I tried Drupal.

I finally changed my personal site over to XOOPS in February ... and since then have had almost half a million unique visitors. I know that is not a huge number by most peoples standards ... but its significant to those seeking information about that which disables me.

I don't want to get into a discussion about what CMS is better. All I am saying that for me and my needs ... XOOPS was the ONLY logical choice.

JMHO
Peter

kutovoy
  • 2005/7/24 12:17

• kutovoy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/11

Quote:

LazyBadger wrote:
Quote:

www.varlinux.org
forge.novell.com
www.phpsolmag.org

Ha-ha... well known and popular (( ?!?!?!
www.varlinux.org - 6 user(s) are online
www.phpsolmag.org - 4 user(s) are online
No comments about abt forge and Novell in common...

Results - there ARE NOT names over XOOPS-sites... Well, bad sign is also sign.

Why did u mask real sentense that u wanted to say us under question that u asked? U wanted to defame XOOPS? U failed to do that, just say what u wanted to say clear.

XOOPS is used by me, some modules are powered by me, that is enough for me to say that XOOPS is cool!

Best regards!

P.S. RU: Смешной пост, лень отвечать, но слышать такое не приятно.

JMorris
  • 2005/7/24 12:49

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

These are the Days of Our Lives.

LB,

Theirs no doubt you've contributed to this community; however, you've also been a major instigator. What's the deal?! Isn't there enough dramma around here without you intentionally starting more? But I digress...

As mentioned earlier, some corporations do not wish to divulge what they run for their hosted solution. Some people believe in security through obscurity. It's not like it's hard to strip every *publically viewable* trace of XOOPS labeling from a XOOPS site.

Just my 2 cents.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

101 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 101

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits