MorelyDotes
download file limit in debaser 0.92 BETA?

Is there a hidden file download size limit in debaser? It seems that no matter what I do in system preferences, php.ini, or the debaser preferences, any file downloaded will get to 2 megs (actually, 1.90 according to IE) and then report that it is complete - however, it isn't complete.

I've tried this with a Linux client using Mozilla and Windows using both Mozilla and Internet Explorer 6; it seems to be a server-side limit, but I can't find any place to change it.

gediminasbyt
Re: download file limit in debaser 0.92 BETA?

I still think it's your php.ini file. Check for upload_max_filesize or try to search for '2M' as it looks like you have a limit set for 2megabyte file.

Haven't used debaser for downloads though.

EDIT

Check your post_max_size as well. And make sure you are updating correct php.ini. Don't forget in order for changes to take an effect you must restart your webserver (Apache something like 'service httpd restart').

MorelyDotes

That was my first thought, too. I have changed both of thos params to 999M (a ridculous figure but certainly should be far more than enough) and restarted Apache - with identical results.

It's very strange, really. Oh, and this is the only php.ini on the entire system.

MorelyDotes

If it's any help, this is running under WAMP on Windows 2000 Pro. I'll be creating a LAMP server to test the whole thin on some time this week, but right now I lean to the problem being Windows-specific.

EDIT: I installed the Downloads module, and the problem does not exist there. Ergo, I deduce that the problem is in the debaser 0.92 BETA module. I will begin combing through the code to see if I can find the problem there.

frankblack
  • 2005/7/11 20:16

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

I never encountered this problem before. Believe me I tested debaser with biiig files already. If you find something, please let me know.

A wild guess: maybe the value for header("Content Length is wrong. Try to print this out and compare it to the actual filesize.

MorelyDotes

I commented out the two lines "stolen from wfsection ":

header("Content-Length: ".filesize($filename)."\n");

The result is that the system doesn't report the file size to the client at all (it was reporting the correct size previously) but the download still stops at 1.9 megs.

I don't know enough php to figure out what code is being used for the actual download in mydownloads, but whatever thedifference may be, mydownloads works. If I could do a single upload and populate both debaser and mydownloads I'd be fine with that.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits