jensclas
failed to open stream headers and footers

Hi guys
I have 2.0.9.2 installed and discovered yesterday to my horror that might site had disappeared from the face of the earth. My host did the following:
Quote:
It must have been a glitch in the MySql db. I tried a repair of the db but it didn't make any difference. Then I deleted the db user "jensclas_jenscla" and added it back with the password defined in the mainfile.php.

I had some fun getting in but found a way - like magic - turned on MySQL debug and got this:

Warning [PHP]: xoops_cp_header(/home/jensclas/public_html/cache/adminmenu.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file include/cp_functions.php line 55
Warning [PHP]: xoops_cp_header(): Failed opening '/home/jensclas/public_html/cache/adminmenu.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file include/cp_functions.php line 55
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_admin_menu_js in file include/cp_functions.php line 72
Warning [PHP]: xoops_cp_footer(/home/jensclas/public_html/cache/adminmenu.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file include/cp_functions.php line 159
Warning [PHP]: xoops_cp_footer(/home/jensclas/public_html/cache/adminmenu.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file include/cp_functions.php line 159
Warning [PHP]: xoops_cp_footer(): Failed opening '/home/jensclas/public_html/cache/adminmenu.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file include/cp_functions.php line 159
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_admin_menu_dv in file include/cp_functions.php line 160

Now it is all way over my head - if you can explain it to me in simple terms and suggest what can be done I would appreciate the help.

Cheers
Jenny

jensclas
Re: failed to open stream headers and footers - fixed

At this point it appears to have resolved itself...cybergremlins! XOOPS took me through the 'first time to enter admin loop' and my sql debug works properly, the above php debug warnings have disappeared...???? Oh well - I don;t need to understand why - just happy it is all working again!
Cheers

asche
Re: failed to open stream headers and footers - exactly the same problem
  • 2005/6/21 8:16

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 9

I receive the same error - as described by jensclas - when opening any modul pages in php-admin:

Warning [PHP]: xoops_cp_header(/home/vobe/public_html/html/cache/adminmenu.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file include/cp_functions.php line 55
Warning [PHP]: xoops_cp_header(): Failed opening '/home/vobe/public_html/html/cache/adminmenu.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file include/cp_functions.php line 55

What I have done?
I changed XOOPS_URL in mainfile.php fromhttp://www.mobilfunk-volksbegehren.de/html back tohttp://66.195.17.52/~vobe/html, because with domainname as XOOPS_URL I received this error, when setting the notification-options:

Undefined offset: 2 in file include/notification_update.php line 77
The requested URL /~user/~user/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php was not found on this server.
-> here are the details

I tried it before to run XOOPS_URL with ip without problems, but this time changing XOOPS_URL causes "failed to open stream" error.

bad thing about it:
I tried all my backup of mainfile.php and the error remains (even I didnot change anything else). It is, as if editing mainfile.php kicked something loose that I cant repair within mainfile.php.

Any ideas?

asche
  • 2005/6/21 8:49

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

I am positive now, that mainfile.php is allright, because I took from a tar.gz 4 days ago.

define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/home/username/public_html/html');
//define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://www.mobilfunk-volksbegehren.de/html');
define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://66.195.17.52/~username/html');

conclusion:
a) I am a dumb ***** )) ... ähm ....
b) the error was there before and I did not notice
c) error is caused by changing mainfile.php, but cant be resolved by moving back
d) ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

final word:
all my problems with mainfile.php seem to cause the system to be looking for a directory path with 2 times the username (/~username/~username/) ...

when I submit a change in php-admin I receive error:
Not Found
The requested URL (/~username/~username/html/modules/newbb/admin/admin_forum_manager.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

asche
  • 2005/6/21 15:17

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

all right, jus like with jensclas the error Quote:
appears to have resolved itself

But my original problem, that appeared when I changed XOOPS_URL from ip to domainname in mainfile.php still occurs.

Please see error 404 Not Found error - The requested URL /~user/~user/.... was not found on this server.
here

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits