FrEaKi
IP
  • 2005/6/14 0:19

• FrEaKi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/10

Can someone please make a little module...

The module for IP Lock. I want it to be there when your registering. It must be a simple button with the question;

Ip lock [yes] [no]

So when people resigtering...i want it to be shown. I want it for a special project i'm working on...and i dont want ANYone else to have acces to the special area. Only the ones who registered himself with the IP lock..so they can't login from an other computer orso...only there computer at home or where they have registered it.

wcrwcr
Re: IP
  • 2005/6/14 0:32

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Quote:
Only the ones who registered himself with the IP lock..so they can't login from an other computer orso...only there computer at home or where they have registered it.

Well, nice idea but don?t you forgot about users with dynamic IP?s like myself for instance?

FrEaKi
  • 2005/6/14 0:41

• FrEaKi

• Just popping in

never thought about that...Good suggestion..hmm...is there a solution for ? Anyone ideas ?

FrEaKi
  • 2005/6/14 0:42

• FrEaKi

• Just popping in

Can it be done not by IP but by DNS ?
That wont change right ?

FrEaKi
  • 2005/6/14 13:47

• FrEaKi

• Just popping in

Doesnt matter. It is only for Dutch people. And in the netherland th most people has dsl. And DSL has almost always a static IP. Only Cable has dynamic. So i guess the peole with Dynamic IP's have bad luck.

Will anyoe make such a simple module please..I'll even pay you for it. Not much but it is money.

Herko
  • 2005/6/14 14:25

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Ehm.. many people use cable and even dailup. And only the more expensive DSL accounts in the netherlands use static IP's, otherwise it would be almost unmanagable.

If the reason you want the IP lock is to add an extra layer of authentication (is this person really who he/she says he/she is?), then using the X2.2 will help: there you don't have the users login ID anymore, but the 'real name' info will be shown in public.

Herko

Anonymous
  • 2005/6/14 16:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

may MAC address filtering good for you

FrEaKi
  • 2005/6/14 16:16

• FrEaKi

• Just popping in

Mac adress filtering? Will it stop people login from other computers ? if yes....IT WOULD BE GRATE !

McNaz
  • 2005/6/14 16:50

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Quote:
may MAC address filtering good for you

Wow! You can get a MAC address from an HTTP header? How can you look this up exactly?

Anonymous
  • 2005/6/15 7:59

• Anonymous

• Since:

MAC Filtering is not too hard, there are many PHP scripts can lock MAC addresses, for example:

SourceGuardian
SourceGuardian 4.0 for PHP is the ultimate protection solution for your PHP scripts. Main feature: Lock to multiple LAN hardware (MAC) addresses.

IPLoc
IPLoc is a script that locates switch and switchport from IP/Mac-data collected from central routers using SNMP. IPLoc works best with switches who handle RFC 1493 (dot1dTp) and/or RFC 2674 (dot1qFdbTable)

Lan-Sentry
This suite of PHP scripts is used for configuring a network to limit access to only certain users. Users that are not authorized will get redirected to a page telling them they can't go anywhere unless they get permission. Only authorized users will be given net access.

mod.guests
mod.guests is a lan party guest management system featuring a form for your participants to join, a list (also to be served on intranet), administration and entrance script.

Here a small php code that describes MAC address:
<?php
exec
("ipconfig /all"$arr$retval); 

for (
$i=0;$i<count($arr);$i++) {
echo 
$arr[$i].'<br>';
}
?>

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits