rickylarson
Is multiple xoops on one domain possible?
  • 2005/6/14 1:19

• rickylarson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/28

I have XOOPS installed, tweaked, and running. However, I want to install an additional/complete XOOPS in another folder and treat it as a "separate site". Basically, a landing site and then focused sites. I do NOT want to get into memberships to show different layouts, content, etc.

Each different URL will point to proper folder. (I will change the mainfile.php in the "new" folder and make sure the chmod for uploads/templates_c/cache are at 777 in the new folder). They would be SHARING the same SQL tables!!!

Is this possible? Or am I going to get data collisions because file locking, etc isnt sophisticated enough in xoops/sql/etc? I don't want to install a different cms for the focused sites cause i'm in love with XOOPS (hey..., a guy can say that!!!) and I want to stay with it. Searching shows no such conversation/scenerio.

Thanks ahead of time for any and all feedback. Rick

Anonymous
Re: Is multiple xoops on one domain possible?
  • 2005/6/14 1:36

• Anonymous

• Since:

rickylarson
  • 2005/6/14 2:23

• rickylarson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/28

Thanks, Valker, for the fast response and the referenced URLs. It looks promising.

DonXoop

Another option which is the much simplier if you only want multiple sites under one base directory and no need to share data is to simply install it and reflect the new dir specs and hostname in mainfile.php.

You could use the same database if you want, just use a unique prefix. Even better to use another db (less cluttered).

The web server would have to understand "virtual servers" so that www.yourdomain.com and happyfun.domain.com are two different sites poiniting to two different directories (one under the other is fine). Hosting servers usually call this "sub domains". simple and works a charm.

xafadb
  • 2005/6/14 2:58

• xafadb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/8 4

Hey, i had the same question about a week or so. check the thread on XOOPS and subdomains.
I have a functional XOOPS site up, and have several subdomains installed as well. The problem i have run into is that on newbb2, and pical you can not setup catigories, so the forum/pical is useless.
So far i have not been able to get this working. however all else appears to be working.
This is not using any of the multuisite hacks as i wanted to use sepporate databases.
the subsite ishttp://bombinamd.billandsuyah.info/xoops/html/

Bill

DonXoop

I don't remember that thread. You didn't provide a link, I'm not searching for it since I don't have a problem doing sub domains. If I had seen the thread when it was active I might have commented and helped.

However, the sub domains are not the problem with newbb2 or pical. I've setup many sub domains (xoops and other) and know that it simply works. One server doesn't know about the other and is no different than being on different machines. done right of course.

Can't say what your problem was/is but for sure you can run basic sub domains that don't share any files without issue.

xafadb
  • 2005/6/14 4:14

• xafadb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/8 4

[quote]
DonXoop wrote:
I don't remember that thread. You didn't provide a link, I'm not searching for it since I don't have a problem doing sub domains. If I had seen the thread when it was active I might have commented and helped.

Sorry I should have posted the thread
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37179&forum=20&post_id=162148#forumpost162148

if you have a look, and any suggestions would be helpful, still having the issue

I get these error messages at the bottom of my theme referring to newbb

Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: meta_desc in file include/functions.php line 53
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: show_cblock in file header.php line 54
Warning [PHP]: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in file modules/newbb/blocks/newbb_block.php line 76
Warning [PHP]: implode(): Bad arguments. in file modules/newbb/blocks/newbb_block.php line 79
Warning [PHP]: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in file modules/newbb/blocks/newbb_block.php line 76
Warning [PHP]: implode(): Bad arguments. in file modules/newbb/blocks/newbb_block.php line 79
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: show_cblock in file header.php line 58
Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file modules/newbb/index.php line 90
Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file modules/newbb/index.php line 124
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: category_array in file modules/newbb/index.php line 158
Warning [PHP]: array_multisort(): Argument #1 is expected to be an array or a sort flag in file modules/newbb/index.php line 158
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: category_array in file modules/newbb/index.php line 160
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: display in file modules/newbb/index.php line 161

gordman
  • 2007/9/11 13:30

• gordman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/7 1

Thanks for the information, I really needed some help, I just didn't know where to turn. It looks like you are just on time.
We'll keep in touch...

Cash Advance

mortuk
  • 2007/9/11 14:22

• mortuk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/13

Why is there spam here?

moderatorz pls remove!!!

bsdwork
  • 2007/9/28 17:08

• bsdwork

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/28

I have a good news for you guys! There will be a new organisation of the xoops.org teams. Skalpa, the lead developer for the past year, has resigned from his job and a new structure has to be built. DJ aka phppp has taken the role of the lead core developer and started to let the team create themselves!
But I suppose those who frequent the forum already know that!
And xafadb I hope you fixed your problem also.

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits