tedsmith
Letting users know what a module actually does
  • 2005/6/13 19:45

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

When developers release new modules or new versions of modules, it would be helpful if they describe what the module is actually for to aid those users who may be new to XOOPS or new to the module. I freqeuntly read the latest module release headline and it begins with 'New Module 1.5, Bug fixes X Y and Z, download it from here'.

Not much use if you don't know what the module's for. So you have to go and download it to find out.

Just a little irritation I have. That said, I can't say a thing because I ain't smart enough to develop modules at all

Herko
Re: Letting users know what a module actually does
  • 2005/6/13 19:59

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I agree, see my thread on what should be done with the module repository too. We do need people like yourself tho to help process the incredible amount of modules that do not have a description, haven't been tested etc. A lot of information is missing, and every module that has been properly added to the repository helps to create a more positive environment So, your expertise in writing what you think other people like you should know about a module (even if it's only one) would be greatly appreciated!

And that goes for everyone else as well, of course

Herko

tedsmith
  • 2005/6/13 20:13

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

That sounds like a kind invite. WOuld be happy to help.

Would I need my account permissions changing to do this, and where do I go to do it? The module repo?

Ted

pdajunkee
  • 2005/6/13 20:17

• pdajunkee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/3 2

Sounds great, how can I help?

Mithrandir

Herko's invitation was to the module repository thread, he started, where the information in the download section is reviewed and discussed.

If you want to help with actually managing the downloads (keeping uptodate, trying them out and elaborating on the descriptions etc.) slip me an email on mithrandir attie XOOPS dottie org and let's talk about the hows and whens

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits