Holly1
Interested in a module that
  • 2005/6/4 16:04

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/4 1

Will allow users to create a page just for them.. ALl about me/ Bio/ Resume type of page... Allowing them to upload some graphics or a photo of themselves etc...

Holly

m0nty
Re: Interested in a module that
  • 2005/6/4 16:17

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

hyperpod has made a profiles module i'll try and find u the link..

on a 2nd note, i have made a hack that allows photo uploading to the user profile in the same way as people choose an avatar, also added a few extra fields to the page, such as top 5 music chart, top 5 films, a likes & dislikes section and a bio section..

remember it's a hack though not a module.. and attention is needed if you run autologin hack, multilingual or x-ipb/x-phpbb modules as edits will need to be done manually in that case..

if you want to see a demo: go HERE

Holly1
  • 2005/6/4 16:57

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

Nicely done.. :)

I have not used a Hack before.. Can you explain how I would add this?? Do I just go in and edit certain areas where the user info sectiona already appears?

m0nty
  • 2005/6/4 17:21

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

a hack is different to a module in that you don't install it the same..

a hack replaces the original files on your server, so in essence you are hacking the files and changing them..

however in doing this, you have to be careful with other hacks that you may use.. or any modules that require changed core files..

such as x-ipb or marcans multilingual hack.. these replace XOOPS files, so by replacing those files, you will stop those hacks from functioning.. so manual editing will be required instead of uploading the files directly.

if you aren't running any of those on your site, then it's just a matter of uploading the files from the hack and overwriting those on your server, then open the mysql.sql file and run the queries inside that via your servers phpmyadmin.. (make sure you change the xoops_ prefix inside the query to match that of yours.. (not needed to change if you didn't change it when u installed xoops)

that's all there is to it. the only thing you have to take note of is future upgrading of xoops.. if a new version of XOOPS is released, it's likely the new version will overwrite the hack, so it is best to wait for an updated hack that works with the new XOOPS version, before updating your site to the new XOOPS version. that's the only drawback. but i'll try to keep the hack updated within a week of new release..

but i don't think necessary as XOOPS 2.2 will have this functionality built in (if you can wait till end of june)

you can download the hack HERE

Holly1
  • 2005/6/5 1:19

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks!! :)

I can wait till the end of June no rush.. I still have to upgrade my XOOPS to 2. what ever the lastest is.. We have 1. something LOL I installed it about amonth ago.. So its in need of the upgrade... Please let me know when the hack is upgraded would love to have t hose features. :)

Thanks a ton!!

Holly

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits