gediminasbyt
Who updates repository?

I looked around in repository and the only thing I found was Formulaire 1.02b, but could not find version 2 or newest one version 3.01. Please update repository. Formulaire 3.01

Regards, Gediminas

EDIT

Damn, I just posted this and found out, that there is even newer version posted today Formulaire 3.2 So how do we keep up with finding out that there was a new release!?

Thanks.

gediminasbyt
Re: Who updates repository?

So who updates repository?

davidl2
  • 2005/6/2 14:30

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Also posted here

karedokx
  • 2005/6/2 14:33

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

seems that a new team of module repository administrator has been established in the last one month. they are the one who will try their best to keep the repository updated.

what i always do is accessing the author's website (specified in the download page) to find out whether the author has got an updated version or not.

btw, i would like to use this opportunitiy to also thanks the repository team for having it reorganized (nice!) and updated. thanks. can you guys also put gijoe's works (peak.ne.jp/xoops) in the repository? gijoe's got must-have modules for xoopsters!

bluenova

It is up to the developers to keep up to date with the latest versions. We will do our best with the more popular modules, but it would be impossible to check them all as there are more than 300 in the repository. I'll get Formulaire updated, and if any else spots somthing that needs updating, please pm either myself or kavaxtreme.
@: Karedokx, thanks for the kind words

**Edit**
Just to add, only pm us about stable releases. Beta and RC's are not added to the repository.

davidl2
  • 2005/6/2 15:19

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Indeed - they're doing a good job organising things overall.

gravies
  • 2005/6/2 16:33

• gravies

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/18

I suggest changing to a Project Repository.

No files on xoops.org - just information about a project or module and a link to the developers site and location of the lastest release.

The project developer should be able to edit the XOOPS project page if anything changes - eg. new version.

An RSS feed of changes on the Project site could be used to announce new module releases or new projects.

gediminasbyt

After a couple of posts, I found out that certain people are better to be reached by PM than trying to post unneccessary posts as this one Is there a way of adding your favourite contacts or members so it was easier to find them? XOOPS has thousands of members who come and go, therefore adding a couple to your buddy list would be great. Is there such a feature on xoops.org?

Bluenova and kavaxtreme, you are doing an excellent job, don't get me wrong. I see the changes already from what I saw a couple months ago. The question was who updates repository, because I tried to search and there was no easy way to find out. Next time I will know whom to drop a PM if I come up to some updated module but the others will know about that?

Just a thought.
There are links to Review Resource | Rate Resource | Report Broken | Recommend | Comments. Is it possible to add another link next to them something like Report Newer Version Available or something similar? That way users might help in updating module the easy way. Of course I do understand that developers should update themselves, but some of them don't that's a reality we have to face.

Regards, Gediminas

Mithrandir

would probably be a nice addition with a "report new version available" feature.
I would rather that the module developers got into a habit of keeping their modules uptodate, but it might be a next-best thing.

Or maybe that anybody can submit a modification request and not just the original submitter.

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits