tjandt
matchmaker or common interests module?
  • 2005/5/28 2:17

• tjandt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/6 1

I run a web site for our small subdivision, and I've been looking for a way to bring people with common interests together.

I've been looking for a module that would do the following as kind of an extension of the current memberlis function:

Allow administrator to set up additional fields with checkboxes for a users various interests (i.e. gaming, golf, fishing, computers, etc).

When users sign up, they could then check off whatever interests they have, and other users would be able to search for people who have similar interests to themselves to get together with.

Rather than an extension of the memberlist, I was thinking of it being it's own module with kind of a mix of a form creation tool for the administrator of the site, and a search engine that uses inputs from that form to create queries for the user interaction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tim

kgmetcalfe
Re: matchmaker or common interests module?
  • 2005/5/28 3:39

• kgmetcalfe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

formulize - used to be formulaire? or something along those lines... you can set up the form however you wish...

was setup by another on our site - and it works...

tjandt
  • 2005/5/30 1:38

• tjandt

• Just popping in

Would you be able to PM me the URL for your site so I can take a look at it?

Do you know if it runs on XOOPS 2.0.10?

Thanks!
Tim

tjandt
  • 2005/5/30 18:52

• tjandt

• Just popping in

I checked out formulaire, but it only seems to allow you to create the forms to be filled out.

I couldn't find anywhere that would allow a user to search and be provided with feeback on the results.

Maybe a hack of the user profile section of XOOPS would work, but I don't know how to code in PHP and would be afraid of screwing something up.

Tim

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits