animas
Re: Multi-sites - help me test it properly?
  • 2005/5/17 17:45

• animas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/30

Does it work with 2.0.9.3?
(I wish it would work with 2.0.10)

LazyBadger

Yes, it works - I set-up today this hack for 3 sites on 2.0.9.3 codebase and have only one trouble... can't get "single login" (sessions table shared and users also)... Users shared, sessions - not.

LazyBadger

Any hints on "How to get single login"? Which table I must add to shares? Now I have users, sessions (and all sites have common userbase and logged in on one site user shown as logged in user in all sites, but after login on any site on other sites I stay anonymous and must login, which is bad and I want eliminate it)

Mithrandir

Even with sharing sessions, you still need the session ID sent along with the HTTP request - which is done by cookies.

Cookies set by one domain are by default not readable by other domains, so this takes another solution - quite possibly a webserver-addition more than a XOOPS-addition. I did find something once, concerning sharing sessions - but it must be at my workstation and not here at home, because I canot find it atm. It was a *nix program that should run on the webserver and something...

Sorry I cannot be of more help than this.

m0nty
  • 2005/5/23 16:03

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

@Mith

i found a few sites that give info on sharing cookie across domains.. (i'll post the links rather than copy/paste)

also 1 page i found said this:

Quote:

One more thing to note is that, if you use cookies in your site (as often done to track session status, keep online store shopping carts, etc.), they only work within one domain. For security and privacy purposes, browsers will not transmit cookies to any site in a different domain from the one that set the cookie. They can be shared across subdomains and hosts within a domain, but not from one domain to another. (To share a cookie between subdomains, like sub1.mydomain.com and sub2.mydomain.com, you must be sure to specify a domain of .mydomain.com when setting the cookie, rather than letting it default to the current host, in which case it wouldn't share with any other subdomain, even within the same domain.) This provides yet another reason to use logically structured subdomains instead of different domains for your different sites, if you have any desire to share common shopping carts or session status between the sites via cookies.

here's a few others i found >

http://weirdsilence.net/software/memsession/ < maybe useful. as it deals specifically with php session id's

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/971108.htm

satanas
  • 2005/5/25 16:38

• satanas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/2 1

Where can I find this hack for the version 2.0.10?

Thanks in advance...

satanas
  • 2005/5/25 16:38

• satanas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/2 1

Where can I find this hack for the version 2.0.10?

Thanks in advance...

m0nty
  • 2005/5/25 16:43

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

you can't there isn't 1..

cerwak
  • 2005/6/12 3:16

• cerwak

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/12

Hi
just wondering if there is any progress , maybe for version 2.0.10? I installed and follow the whole tread, but just still getting same wepage, (in source still main.site.url) i added 2 2 sites and nothing, turn on debuging and still comming from main table, I have own webserver so just 3 different domain or subdomain are pointing to same dir, what esle do i have to do ? thanks

petr

jdseymour

As far as I know development on this hack will not resume until after the release of version 2.2. So no 2.0.10 version will be available.

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits